Hershey at Christmastime is one of our family’s favorite holiday traditions. The lights, the hot chocolate, the memories. There’s so much to do and I’ve rounded up the complete list of things you’re not going to want to miss in the Sweetest Place on Earth this holiday season.
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
First up, Hersheypark Christmas Candylane of course! Hersheypark is open select evenings and weekends in November and December. You can find the complete calendar here. I love that they’re open evenings during the week during the times when the kids will be off school for holiday breaks!
Christmas Candylane is bringing back all the past favorites, along with all the new additions that were added last season. Wildcat, sooperdooperLooper, Cocoa Cruiser and Laff Trakk will be open during Candylane (weather pending), with Laff Trakk sporting a special holiday themeing inside the indoor glow-coaster. Two NEW additions will be added to the rides open in Candylane; Wild Mouse and Howler. Four million sparkling lights will illuminate and excite as you make your way through Hersheypark.
A NEW holiday show will be sure to put you in the holiday spirit, get ready for A Music Box Christmas. In addition, some of everyone’s favorite Candylane activities will be returning, including: Santa and his live reindeer, Rudolph’s Skating Pond, and NOEL, the breathtaking light show.
Christmas Candylane begins Friday, November 11th and is open on select dates through Sunday, January 1, 2017. Go here to find the complete calendar and grab your tickets.
Hershey Sweet Lights
This is one of our favorite traditions in Hershey. Load up the car with the kids and drive through TONS of amazing light displays. We usually bring the dog, too. So much fun!
Drive through two miles of lighted displays from the comfort of your car in Hershey Sweet Lights. Enjoy illuminated holiday lights through the fields and wooded trails while listening to holiday music. Sweet Lights begins Friday, November 11th and is open on select dates through Sunday, January 1st. Get more info including hours of operation here.
The Hershey Hotel and The Hershey Lodge
Stay overnight at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark for a sweet holiday getaway!
New for 2016 is Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge. The new indoor pool complex includes two interactive indoor pools, Twizzlers Twists Slides, Reese’s Water Walk, water play structures and the Cocoa Cabana dining location with a full bar. We stayed overnight here several months ago and had so much fun. It’s a gorgeous resort but I’ll be honest, the main draw for my kids was Water Works!
Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge
My kids get such a thrill out of swimming when it’s cold outside! If you choose to stay at Hershey Lodge, here’s the lowdown on where to eat.
If you really want to treat yourself, The Woodside Cottages at The Hotel Hershey make for a memorable holiday experience. The most premium accommodations at the Hotel, the Woodside Cottages feature larger bedrooms, world-class bathrooms and private outdoor entrances. Individual rooms or full cottages are available for reservations. Guests who reserve a full four- or six-bedroom cottage receive access to a multi-functional great room with cathedral ceilings, fireplace, microwave and wet bar.
Overnight packages during the holiday season include:
Christmas Candylane Package
- Available at Hershey Lodge November 11 – December 29, 2016 (When Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is in operation)
- Available at The Hotel Hershey November 11 – December 30, 2016 (When Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is in operation)
Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations, milk & cookies for four on night of arrival, one-day admission to Hersheypark Christmas Candylane per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights, seasonal admission to Hershey Gardens, admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Breakfast With Santa Package
- Available at Hershey Lodge November 18 – December 18, 2016 (Friday & Saturday nights)
- Available at The Hotel Hershey November 25 – December 18, 2016 (Friday & Saturday nights)
Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations, breakfast buffet with Santa per person, one-day admission to Hersheypark Christmas Candylane per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights, seasonal admission to Hershey Gardens, admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Lunch With Santa Package
- Available at The Hotel Hershey November 25 – December 18, 2016 (Friday nights)
Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations, lunch buffet with Santa per person, one-day admission to Hersheypark Christmas Candylane per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights, seasonal admission to Hershey Gardens, admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Dining In Hershey, PA
There are a couple of yummy features this holiday season that might interest you.
- Holiday with Dickens at The Hotel Hershey: Sunday, December 4 at 3:00 PM Holiday Tea ($40) and 6:30 PM. Holiday Dinner ($99): This heartwarming show-of-the-season is performed by Gerald Charles Dickens, the great, great grandson of literary master, Charles Dickens. During his energetic one-man show, Dickens brings A Christmas Carol to life. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 717-534-8800.
- Holly Jolly Hot Chocolate Station at Hershey Lodge: Because who doesn’t want to drink ALL the hot chocolate this time of year? Cheers!
Holiday Treatments at the Spa at Hershey Hotel
Through the holiday season, The Spa At The Hotel Hershey offers guests holiday-themed treatments to relax their mind and body.
- Holiday Season Sampler: November 1 – January 31
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Immersion: December 1 – January 31
- Peppermint Mocha Manicure & Pedicure: December 1 – February 28
That mani-pedi sounds to die for!!
Hershey’s Chocolate World
Hershey’s Chocolate World is filled with great indoor family-fun activities:
- Start your day the merry way with Breakfast with Santa & Mrs. Claus, Saturdays & Sundays from November 11 through December 24.
- See the unique and magical 8th annual Hershey’s Holiday Chocolate House! Every inch is covered in Hershey’s confectionery products and a sweet donation is made to Children’s Miracle Network.
- Take a cozy trip on the Christmas Trolley Adventure which is guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit with caroling, stories, and even a special visit from a certain jolly, old elf.
The Hershey Story Museum
Visitors can learn about the history of chocolate at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, and families can experience some really fun events there this holiday season:
- Little Elves Workshop – The elves have once again set up their workshop, where kids of all ages can create their own unique ornament out of chocolate clay. Participants will roll, cut and ice their creations and design their own packaging. $5.00 per ornament; adults many accompany participating children at no charge. Available select dates November 12 – January 1 at 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Snowball Saturdays – Friendly indoor snowball fights are the centerpiece of this holiday event! In addition, kids can visit with a snowman and Coco the Bear, and hear stories about wintertime fun. Free; admission to the Museum Experience not required. Available December 3, 10 & 17.
- Holiday-Themed Chocolate Lab Classes – Guests can enjoy a 45-minute class where they learn about chocolate and make their own chocolate treat. Ticket purchase required; children must be at least four years old to enter the lab. Class themes are as follows: Candy Cane Bark, Chocolate Reindeer, Create a Kris Kringle and Make a Very Merry Bar. Available daily beginning November 12 – January 1, 2017, class times vary.* Classes offered on Snowball Saturdays only (December 3, 10 & 17): Let it Snow Chocolate and Marshmallow Mischief.
- NYE Bubble Wrap Stomps – Kids can celebrate the New Year with bubble wrap stomps on Saturday, December 31, 2016, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Stomps take place in the museum’s patio, weather permitting. (In the event of inclement weather, stomps will take place in the museum’s Grand Lobby.) Free; admission to the Museum Experience not required.
Hershey Gardens is not exactly a Hershey Holiday attraction but it’s worth mentioning because the Butterfly Atrium is warm and tropical and it’s open year round. So if you need a little taste of summer, this is the place to go!
Holiday Shows At Hershey Theatre
I LOVE Hershey Theatre (see all of my pics of the inside here). It’s such a stunning venue for a show, and there are a few on stage this holiday season that look great. ELF!!
The dates and times are listed below:
- Straight No Chaser – December 4 at 2:30 and 7:30 PM
- Elf – December 6-8 at 7:30 PM
- The Piano Guys – December 10 at 3:00 and 8:00 PM
Visit Hershey Theatre for show times and ticketing info.
So what are you going to do in Hershey this holiday season? So many choices, but I’d bump Hersheypark Christmas Candylane to the top of the list for sure! You can learn more about what’s happening in The Sweetest Place on Earth this holiday season on the Hershey Stories Blog.