Disney has provided me with an expense paid trip to Los Angeles for the #MaleficentEvent and #FireAndRescueEvent in exchange for my review of the events of the trip. No other compensation is given. The opinions and experiences in my posts are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
So have you seen it? MALEFICENT is a huge box office hit and I’m so thrilled that all of my friends who have hit the theater have loved it as much as I do. I would love for you to check out my review and read my interviews with the cast including Angelina Jolie (Maleficent), Elle Fanning (Aurora), Sharlto Copley (King Stefan), Sam Riley (Diaval), and Robert Stromberg, Director. If you’ve seen the film you know that they are all awesome! And now that you have and are loving it you might want to bring a little of wicked fun home with you!
When I was in Los Angeles I visited Disney’s Glendale Creative Campus where they create and design all the fun Disney Store and licensed merchandise you find in in retail stores and online. The campus is just gorgeous and so fun to visit. There is inspiration everywhere. That Deconstructed Mickey Fountain is outside of the office buildings. How cool is that, right?
We got to have a peek at some of the newest MALEFICENT products to hit the market. Such cool stuff here! We also met the brilliant designer of the Aurora Deluxe Costume for Girls and she showed us this board that outlined every step of the process to find exactly the right materials and look for the dress. There is a LOT that goes into this and it’s so creative!
There is no shortage of MALEFICENT goodies online. Here are some I like the most!
Top 10 Maleficent Consumer Products
1. Maleficent the book. I am not quite done with this but I LOVE it! I’ve been reading it with my daughter who is 8 years-old and we can’t get enough. There’s actually more in the book than in the movie as far as Maleficent’s story. It’s awesome!
2. Maleficent doll. She is just so cool, and you guys. Her BOOTS. Wowza!
3. Aurora Doll. You can’t recreate the movie with just one of the two. So grab Aurora while you’re at it. I love this doll! She looks just like Elle Fanning in the movie.
4. Funko POP Maleficent Figure. This little girly can go with you anywhere. Super cute!
5. Maleficent Mug. I am so bummed that the price is so high on these right now. When they first came out they were more like $13. Keep your eyes peeled and hopefully more stock will drive the price back down. I got one on the MALEFICENT press trip and it is absolutely my favorite!
6. MAC Maleficent Cosmetics. How cool is this line? Dark and twisty, baby. That’s what it’s all about.
7. Maleficent Journal. My daughter highjacked this from me as soon as I got home. She loves to write and the cover on this journal is so pretty!
8. Maleficent and Aurora Tee for Women. I love this design! So unique and you can tell that it’s Maleficent and Aurora but it’s artsy enough that you might have to look a little longer to see it all. Perfect for adults!
9. Maleficent Dish Towel Set. When you’re feeling like you’re about to turn into a wicked sorceress after doing the dishes for the umpteenth time that day…here ya go. This is a conversation piece of I’ve ever seen one! And if that conversation starts out with something like, “Listen well, all of you,” well, we might be soul sisters.
10. MALEFICENT Soundtrack. I love Lana Del Rey’s version of “Once Upon A Dream” and the rest of the score will take you back through the entire movie.
Those are some of my picks based on what’s out right now. What do you have your eye on?
MALEFICENT is in theaters NOW!
Retweet and tell your friends!