Fresh ginger is a great way to add fresh flavor to a variety of meals, recipes, along with health and beauty recipes, teas, condiments, and more!
Ginger is not only a great way to add flavor to your meals, it’s one of the oldest and most popular natural remedies. Ginger root has a multitude of health benefits, from aiding digestion and reducing muscle pain to helping fight infections.
What is Ginger?
Ginger is a popular ingredient in cooking, and especially in Asian and Indian cuisine. The root or underground stem of the ginger plant can be consumed fresh, powdered, dried as a spice, in oil form, or as juice. Once peeled and grated, ginger can easily be thrown into various sauces, glazes, and marinades to brighten up the dish.
Ginger has long been used for culinary and medicinal purpose with possible health benefits include reducing nausea, pain, and inflammation. Ginger can be used to make tea, chopped or crushed in curries and savory dishes, and dried or crystallized in sweets and candies.
How to Store Fresh Ginger
If you are planning to use fresh ginger in your recipes and home remedies, you need to know how to properly store it. And it couldn’t be any easier: freeze it! Make sure you peel it before you freeze. When you are ready to use it, there is no need to thaw it. In fact, frozen ginger grates easier when it’s frozen!
Ways to Use Ginger
There are ways to use fresh ginger in your daily life through meal prepping, home remedies, or adding a kick to beverages.
Ginger Tea & Drinks
One of the most popular ways to use ginger is in tea. Ginger tea brings with it a host of powerful health benefits.
- Ginger Green Iced Tea
- Ginger Tea from Must Have Mom
- Lemon Ginger Sweet Tea from Tastes of Lizzy T
- Berry Beet Ginger Smoothie from Delightful Adventures
- Ginger Ale from Learning and Yearning
Savory Ginger Recipes
You will find ginger in a lot of Asian and Indian recipes. The flavor packs a punch with just a little going a long way. Add ginger to your dishes to not only bring a bold taste to your meal but also some healthy benefits.
- Ginger Green Tea Rice
- Grilled Ginger Lime Shrimp
- Ginger Miso Acorn Squash from Snixy Kitchen
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Tasting Page
- Maple Ginger Baked Drumsticks from Kylee Cooks
- Soy and Ginger Fish from Killing Thyme
- Sesame Ginger Salmon from An Affair from the Heart
- Garden Veggies with Basil and Ginger from Healing Tomato
Sweet Ginger Recipes
When you think of sweet ginger recipes, you probably think of things like Gingerbread. But there’s more than just gingersnaps and cakes!
- Gingersnaps from A Grande Life
- Ginger Oatmeal Cookies from The Seasoned Mom
- Gingerbread Cookie Bites from Whole New Mom
- Lemon Ginger Muffins from Simply Recipes
- Strawberry Ginger Sorbet from Mama Latina Tips
Ginger Home Remedies
These home remedies will help your ailments and sickness. After the winter we’ve had here, I’ll take all the help I can get.
- Easy Homemade Sore Throat Gummies Recipe with Lemon, Ginger, and Honey from Hello Creative Family
- Lemongrass, Ginger and Rose Bath Salts from My Life Cookbook
- Candied Ginger from The Belly Rules The Mind
- Homemade Ginger Chews from Rebooted Mom
- Ginger Mint Lollipops from Pistachio Project