I participated in Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers and received The Republic of Tea products to facilitate my review. The opinions here are my own. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
We drink a ton of tea in my family and have always enjoyed The Republic of Tea products. I know green tea has a lot of health benefits so I was really interested in their new SuperGreen Tea Collection which they shared with us at the Summer Fancy Food Show.
The Republic of Tea
The Republic of Tea’s hashtag is #SipbySip because they believe life should be enjoyed a little at a time, not in one big gulp. I love it, and I really love this brand. Their products are unique and delicious, and they started out in 1992 as a family-owned company and still are today. They are committed to keeping their brand small, private, and family-focused.
All stores are Embassies, all employees are Ambassadors, and all of us who drink the tea are Citizens. Enjoying The Republic of Tea products makes you part of something special. Their new SuperGreen Tea Collection is especially wonderful with its focus on healthful living.
You’ve probably read about the health benefits of green tea, and matcha in particular which is ground up green tea leaves. We drink a lot of green tea, especially my husband, and we do enjoy the taste but I think the real appeal is the wellness aspect and how it can improve your health.
The Republic of Tea has a new collection of 4 SuperGreen Teas, which blend organic matcha and hand-picked green tea leaves with powerful herbs like lavender and elderflower. All four of them varieties are 100 percent USDA Certified organic, kosher, gluten-free and in the process of undergoing Non-GMO Project verification. And let me tell you, they taste GREAT!
Combining tea leaves with matcha packs a powerful health punch because you can now ingest the whole leaf, not just the infusion.
If you have a particular area of health you’re looking to target, these are the teas for you. Let me give you the run down:
- Immunity SuperGreen Tea – This organic tea arms the body’s defense system in sickness and in health. Immunity delivers a double dose of green tea goodness along with echinacea and elderflower to help stimulate the immune system.* A hint of orange makes for a bright, flavorful cup.
- Brain Boost SuperGreen Tea – Feeling foggy? An organic tea for cognitive health, SuperGreen Brain Boost Tea clears the mind and may enhance brain performance.* In addition to caffeine, this blend’s ginkgo biloba can help keep memory sharp.* Enjoy the deep berry flavor and a touch of honey in this refreshing cup.
- Serenity SuperGreen Tea – This soothing, organic green tea – featuring matcha, calming lavender and restorative holy basil, also known as tulsi – will lead you to a balanced state of TeaMind®. Green tea helps the body with stress, and when the caffeine mingles with peaceful lavender, it yields a state of calm alertness.*
- Lean Green SuperGreen Tea – A delicious, organic tea for weight loss, SuperGreen Lean Green Tea features green tea and matcha to rev metabolism, combined with cinnamon which can suppress appetite, alleviate cravings and maintain blood sugar levels.* To that, we added garcinia cambogia fruit, which studies have shown inhibits fat production.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intent to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
We’ve been drinking all of them and it’s sort of hard to pick a favorite! They’re all a bit different and unique. I do like the Brain Boost a lot – probably because I need it the most!
One thing I learned is that there’s a right way and a wrong way to steep green tea. A couple of tips:
- You want your water just short of boiling. Water that is too hot will cause the tea to become bitter.
- Don’t steep your tea for too long. Doing so won’t make it a stronger cup of tea, it will only make it bitter. The perfect timing for green tea is 1-3 minutes.
In addition to an amazing product inside the tea bag, the tea bag itself is pretty special. They are all-natural. Notice that there’s no string and no staple. The paper is unbleached and while many tea bags are sealed with gluten, these are not so they’re safe for a gluten-free diet as well.
The Republic of Tea tins are steel so they don’t absorb odor and they’re airtight. That makes them reusable for whatever you might need them for. Craft projects, storage, a pencil container. Anything!
Ginger Green Tea Rice Recipe
We eat a TON of rice in my family as a side dish. Taco night is a sure thing every week and I always make rice (because our tacos are more like burritos).
This Ginger Green Tea Rice recipe is really easy to make and it’s SO flavorful and delicious. I definitely like it best served with something else that has some powerful flavor, like taco meat or a spicy pork or BBQ chicken.
I used the SuperGreen Serenity Tea but I think you could easily use any of The Republic of Tea SuperGreen varieties. Salt and pepper to taste if you're eating it alone. If you're serving it with something else (like in a burrito, with spicy chicken, or a bold fish) you may want to taste it with the main course before adding salt. It pairs great with a bold flavored main dish!
See, pretty easy! You just steep your tea first and prep a few other fresh ingredients while that’s happening, then cook the rice in it.
Salt and pepper to taste if you're eating it alone. If you're serving it with something else (like in a burrito, with spicy chicken, or a bold fish) you may want to taste it with the main course before adding salt. It pairs great with a bold flavored main dish!
I took this over to a friend’s house for dinner and we served it with some spicy chicken. Everyone loved it!
Ginger Green Tea Iced Tea Recipe
We’ve been drinking so much of this tea and it has been so hot this summer that I used some of the ingredients I had leftover from my rice recipe to create a simple Ginger Green Tea Iced Tea recipe. You guys, this is SO good.
I’ve made it several times and I will say that I think it’s best one batch at a time. I doubled it once and it wasn’t quite as flavorful as a single batch so keep that in mind.
Really all you do is add some fresh ginger to the water while you’re steeping your tea. Drain that after a few minutes and stir in lemon juice and honey. You could drink this hot, too, but we’ve been loving it as an afternoon pick-me-up, refreshingly cold.
The mint is really just a garnish but adds a lot of flair if you want to get fancy!
The generous folks at The Republic of Tea are offering my readers a great giveaway! One of you will win the full SuperGreen Tea Collection (Lean Green, Immunity, Serenity and Brain Boost). This giveaway is open to US residents only, ages 18+, and will end at 11:59pm ET on October 3, 2016.
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.