It’s fall! Time for all things pumpkin to show up in our kitchens. One of my favorite desserts to whip up for the kids is pudding. It’s so quick and easy. They love it when I get all fancy and create these yummy seasonal parfaits. (Check out my Valentine’s Day, St. Patty’s Day, and Easter creations!) To celebrate fall and the fact that Jell-O has put their Pumpkin Spice pudding back on the shelves I made these Pumpkin Spice Pudding Parfaits yesterday and they were a hit with the whole family!
You only need a few ingredients and although they look pretty fancy served in wine glasses, they’re actually really simple to make. I had them done in 20 minutes. I can assure you it didn’t take 20 minutes for them to disappear though! 😉
- 1 4-serving size box of Jell-O Pumpkin Spice Pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tub of Cool Whip, defrosted
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies (I used Halloween cookies with the orange filling but you don't have to.)
- Prepare the pudding as directed on the box: Whisk 2 cups of milk with the pudding mix. Refrigerate while you continue on to the next step.
- Put 20 Oreo cookies in your food processor and pulse until ground. You should be left with cookie crumbs though it's not necessary to make sure it's really finely ground. A couple of cookie hunks are okay!
- The pudding should be set by now or will be soon. Remove from refrigerator and put half of the pudding in another mixing bowl. Add half of the Cool Whip to that bowl and stir the pumpkin pudding with the Cool Whip. Now you should have 4 things to make your parfaits with: Ground Oreos, pumpkin pudding, pumpkin pudding and Cool Whip mixed together, and Cool Whip.
- I got 4 wine glasses filled with this recipe. If you use a smaller dish you can get a couple more out of it. Divide your parfait layers among the 4 wine glasses and layer as follows: Oreos, pumpkin pudding, Oreos, pudding and Cool Whip mixture, Oreos, Cool Whip.
- Garnish with an Oreo cookie if you'd like!
Go Here Next: