We love pudding in our family. The kids like it because it’s delicious, and I like it because it’s so darn easy to make. Serve it up in a fancy little wine glass and you have something special. These Individual Fruit & Pudding Trifles are soooo good and really easy to make. If you need a dessert for Mother’s Day (you need a dessert for Mother’s Day, everyone) these are just perfect. Or, how about July 4th?! The strawberries and blueberries are the perfect color for Independence Day!
The ingredients are really basic: pudding mix, milk to make it, Cool Whip, an Angel Food cake (I used store-bought but if you’re ambitious you can make your own!), and fruit of your choice. Strawberries and blueberries were on sale and we like them a lot so that was my pick! Kiwi, peaches, and raspberries are a few other great choices!
Make the pudding, mix a portion of it with Cool Whip to get a layer of lighter yellow pudding and then just put it together.
Aren’t the pretty? They’re so easy to make and the kids (and my husband and me!) gobbled them right up.
- 2 4-serving size boxes of Instant Lemon Pudding
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- Fruit of your choice (I used blueberries and strawberries.)
- Prepare pudding as instructed on package: Mix both boxes of mix with 4 cups of milk. Refrigerated to firm.
- While the pudding is firming up cut up your fruit and Angel Food cake. Either rip or cut the cake up into bite-size pieces.
- Once the pudding is firm (about 10 minutes) add ⅓ of it to an empty bowl. Just eyeball it. I like to draw a peace sign with a knife to get a good guestimate of what ⅓ looks like.
- Then take ⅓ of the Cool Whip (do the peace sign trick again!) and mix it with your bowl of ⅓ of the pudding mixture. Now you'll have two bowls of pudding: one plain lemon pudding, and one lemon pudding mixed with Cool Whip.
- Time to assemble! In the bottom of your wine glasses put a couple of pieces of Angel Food cake. Spoon a layer of the plain lemon pudding on top. Add a layer of fruit on top of the pudding. Try to push it out to the edges so you can see the layers through the outside of the glass. Looks prettier that way! Then start your layers over, this time using the pudding/Cool Whip mix for your pudding layer. Add a dollop of Cool Whip on top to finish it off!
- So your layers go like this: Angel Food cake, lemon pudding, fruit, Angel Food cake, lemon pudding/Cool Whip mixture, fruit, Cool Whip
- Eat immediately or keep refrigerated until you're ready to eat. Makes 6 wine glasses of trifles.