I was provided with a complimentary Cross Country Cafe products to facilitate this review. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
You don’t know the power of the Dark Side. You really might not. I’ve been a Keurig addict for a loooong time now, and I always considered myself a medium roast gal. But over the past year or so I’ve found myself steering more toward the dark roasts. Not bitter, but dark and robust. There’s just something more satisfying about a more bold cup of coffee.
Come join me on the Dark Side. We have the best coffee over here.
Here are my top 10 picks for the best dark roast k-cups from Cross Country Cafe. The first 9 include a link to my review, too. I have tasted ALL of these, not just picked them out of a hat. So you can be assured they’re a great cup of coffee. The Force is strong with these blends.
Top 10 Dark Roast K-Cups
- Donut Shop: This one is sometimes described as more of a medium blend, but it’s actually more dark. Just a tad on the light side of dark. It’s an all-time favorite. My review.
- Lavazza Gran Selezione: This is one I reach for ALL the time. Honestly, it’s a favorite for my morning cup. Robust but not bitter, and maybe a hint of chocolate! My review.
- Sumatran Reserve: This one is special because it’s organic and fair-trade. Plus it has a great, deep and dark flavor. My review.
- Dark Magic: Dark Magic is one of the staple dark roasts, and it actually has more coffee in the k-cup than other blends. My review.
- Double Black Diamond: This is another one of the original great dark roasts with more coffee in the k-cup. Really bold! My review.
- Eight O’Clock Dark Italian Roast: This is a perfect, reliable morning cup that’s dark and smoky, yet not at all bitter. My review.
- Wicked Winter Blend: This is one of my all-time favorites that I discovered at Cross Country Cafe. Dark roast perfection! My review.
- Viennese Blend CBTL: This is actually one of the lighter dark roasts, so it’s perfect if you’re right on that medium-dark edge. My review.
- Peet’s Major Dickason’s: This is the all-time best selling Peet’s coffee which I love. Great flavor, full of body with a smooth finish. My review.
- Starbucks Verona: Starbucks is new to Cross Country Cafe and we all know they make one serious cup of coffee. The Verona blend is deep and dark. So good!
I hope you find some new dark roasts to try in this round-up. And I’d encourage you to shop at Cross Country Cafe, too. This is where I get my k-cups because they seriously have the best selection. Not only did they recently add Starbucks k-cups to the mix, but now they are carrying Gevalia k-cups, too.
Shop Cross Country Cafe for Your K-cups:
- Browse more dark roast options here.
- Enter this month’s k-cup giveaway!
- Check out this week’s deals – new sales start every Wednesday!
- Remember that all orders of $59 or more will ship for free, so stock up to get the best deals.