I was provided with a complimentary Little Pim App to facilitate this review. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I’ve been working with Little Pim for a while now and am always so impressed with their products. You can learn more about what I’ve already checked out by reading one of my DVD reviews. They’ve also got some great flash cards, books, music CDs, and now I’m so excited to tell you that they have an app, too! The Little Pim Spanish Language App is available for both Apple and Android devices. I downloaded it for my Kindle and my kids are having a great time with it.
Check out this video of the Little Pim App!
You can see after watching some of the things I love about it.
It’s really colorful and clean. The colorful part speaks for itself. I think that really draws kids in. What do I mean by clean? I just mean it’s not a busy bunch of moving objects so it has the feel of a book or a coloring book versus a video game. As a parent, I really like that. I don’t think kids need something flashing in front of their faces all the time in order to be entertained. It just has a nice, really appealing appearance.
It’s easy to navigate. My kids figured out how to flip back and forth between the book activity and the paint activity really quickly. It’s pretty intuitive and you have next to no chance of getting lost somewhere in the game. My daughter showed you the painting piece using her finger as a paintbrush but if you have a soft tipped stylus that would work great, too!
It’s available for any device. I bought it from Amazon for my Kindle for $4.99 which also means I get it for my Android. I have a Galaxy S4 and I admit it took me a little while to figure this out. I had to go into my Amazon account, manage my devices, send myself a text that gave me a link to download the Amazon App Store. My phone didn’t like this since it only wants me buying from the Google Play Store, so I had to allow some permissions and then I was all set. I got into the Amazon App Store on my phone, went to my Cloud and there was Little Pim. So I downloaded it to my phone and now I’ve got it there too. Stay tuned for that review coming soon! This app is also available in the Apple market too.
Some other great features:
- Read it aloud – click on different parts of the story to have it narrated at your child’s own unique pace. Featuring vocabulary in English and Spanish, you can teach your kids even if you don’t speak Spanish yourself!
- Press and Reveal – a fun feature that allows children to guess what’s hidden behind different pictures, and learn colors and vocabulary as they guess and play.
- Record it Yourself – Parents, grandparents and other loved ones can record their own voice reading the book and have it play back to their children at the touch of a button.
- Question and Answer – This method reinforces vocabulary while also teaching basic phrases
- Color it in – Kids can color in each page of the book, and parents can email their masterpieces to friends and family!
I have to note that I could get the ‘record it yourself’ feature to work. It just wouldn’t playback for me. BUT, I’m pretty positive this is evidence that my Kindle is dusty. As soon as I tried it on my phone it worked great. So that’s a really cool part of this app, too!
I love to hear my kids really learning some Spanish words. They absorb it so quickly and as much as I’ve really liked the Little Pim DVDs, I love this app even more. It’s interactive and the kids like flipping between the book activities and the painting game.
Look for the Little Pim Spanish Colors App for your device! Your kids will have so much fun with it, they’ll forget their learning new and useful language skills!