Yay! The Lego KidsFest 2014 Tour dates and locations have been released!
- Raleigh, NC: February 28 – March 2
- Novi, MI: April 25 – 27
- Calgary, AB, Canada: May 16 – 18
- Atlanta, GA: June 27 – 29
- Dallas, TX: August 29 – 31
- Richmond, VA: October 3 – 5
- Indianpolis, IN: November 7-9
If you live near one of these locations (boo, I don’t!) definitely go check it out! We took the kids last year when it was in Pittsburgh, PA and we had so much fun! Check out all of my pictures.
Ready your building skills! The LEGO KidsFest, a nationally-traveling giant LEGO expo, is coming to a city near you! This interactive LEGO extravaganza brings all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in an activity- and entertainment-packed family event for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find:
- LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S. (in U.S. Markets only)
- Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
- LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO and official KidsFest tour merchandise
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
- Brickscapes: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO and DUPLO sets
- LEGO CHIMA: choose your tribe and test your Speedor battling skills
- And much more, covering over 150,000+ square feet of space
On tour since 2009, nearly 420,000 have attended a LEGO KidsFest. Previous tour stops include Minneapolis, Boston, Austin, Cincinnati, Denver, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Hartford, Milwaukee, San Jose, Phoenix, Louisville, Cleveland and Raleigh. Tickets for many cities have sold out with 27,000 to 30,000 visitors in attendance at each venue.
Tickets do sell out pretty fast. They were sold out last year when we were in Pittsburgh so grab them early. You can order tickets here. Five sessions – all identical and 4 1/2 hours each – are available for the each tour stop.