This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Just Between Friends – Lancaster. All opinions are my own. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
My Local Lancaster, PA area friends, it’s almost time! Just Between Friends – Lancaster is coming to town for the first time from October 15-17. If you are still thinking about consigning, I’m here to help!
You still have time. Do NOT be overwhelmed by this. I know it can feel daunting to get started, but it’s not hard. Trust me! I’m going to walk you through it below.
Before You Do Anything
Make sure you are registered as a consignor on the JBF Lancaster site. Look for the Sign Up button in the upper right corner.
A tip for you: When you consign you’ll earn 60% of your sales less a $10 consignor fee. Help at the sale for 4 hours and make that 70%! That extra 10% really adds up. If you’d like to do that, make sure you add Team Member to your profile when you register so you can pick a time slow in which to help.
Preparing to Consign at Just Between Friends – Lancaster
Last year I wrote a more detailed consignment post which you’ll find helpful as a first time consignor. Check that out after you read this one. In this post I want to just give you the basics of the process.
And it goes like this: Batch process everything. Don’t deal with one item at a time; deal with one JOB at a time.
Step 1: Collect
Go around the house, through the toys, into the kids’ closets, down to the basement, into the garage, wherever you keep kid stuff that might be ready to consign and gather it all up in one place. Yes, you’re going to make a little mess in your house doing it. But it will be worth it when it’s outta there for good! Try to pick one area. I have everything stacked up in my foyer.
Step 2: Clean
If the clothes you’re selling have been sitting in the basement for a year, wash them. Wipe down toys. Make sure you’re not missing puzzle pieces. Get your stuff in good shape so that it will sell!
Step 3: Prep
Hang all the clothing on hangers facing to the left, like a question mark. A good rule of thumb: Kids’ sizes 5 or 6 and under can go on kids’ hangers. Bigger sizes should go on adult hangers. You don’t want them to fall off the hangers at the sale, so use your best judgement.
Group books together by category (girls’ chapter books, Disney Fairy books, nature books, etc.) and put them in Ziploc bags to sell. You can sell individual books too, but if you have tons like I always seem to, selling them in groups seems to work better for me.
Log into your JBF account and Enter Tags. This is REALLY important: Use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Chrome won’t work for creating tags.
If you group your items by size first, this goes faster. So split up boy and girl clothing, then sort by size: all size 3T together, all size 4T together, etc. Entering tags will be a breeze and it’s something you can easily do while sitting on the couch watching The Voice. Just sayin.’ 😉
Step 5: Print Your Tags
Make sure you’re using white cardstock. Regular paper is too flimsy. You can get this at any Walmart, Target, Staples, or even on Amazon.
Step 6: Attach Your Tags
I use a tagging gun for clothing. So easy to use and worth the $8-$9 for sure. You can also use safety pins.
For toys, tape the tag to the item taking care not to cover up the bar code. I use packing tape so it stays put with one exception: books. On books I use painter’s tape so that when it is removed it doesn’t rip the book cover.
Step 7: Drop Off
Drop off for the JBF Lancaster sale this fall is October 13 and 14 (see below for the complete schedule). You only need an appointment to drop off if you are a Power Consignor (someone with over 300 items). Otherwise, just show up when it works for you! I made this video at the Reading sale so the venue here is different but the process is exactly the same.
This is what you can expect at drop off:
Step 8: Watch
Okay this is the best part. Now you have all this STUFF out of your house and get to watch it all sell! Don’t freak out if you don’t see sales in real time. Tags are uploaded to the system every night about 3 hours after the sale ends. So it’s pretty late, but worth the wait to go to bed dreaming of that check.
Step 9: Cash In
Cha-ching! Checks are mailed with in 2 weeks of the event, so just in time for your holiday shopping! See, another reason to consign this fall!
Step 10: Repeat
Once you do this once you’ll be hooked, and the nice thing is that tags in the JBF system are good for 2 years before they age out of the database. So if you are more organized than I am, feel free to tag throughout the year and be ready for the next sale. Whatever did sell at this one that you choose to pick up instead of donate will be ready for the next sale too. No need to re-tag!
Wait, I need more help!
We’re here for you! Fill out this form and join our private Facebook group where we’ll be there to answer any and all questions. We want to help you make some $$$!
JUST BETWEEN FRIENDS READING SPRING CONSIGNMENT SALE OCTOBER 15 – 17
The Just Between Friends – Lancaster Fall/Winter sale will run from October 15- 17. Mark your calendars! Here’s all the info you need:
Just Between Friends – Lancaster Fall/Winter 2015 Sale
LANCO Fieldhouse, 1901 Miller Road, East Petersburg, PA 17520
Thursday October 15 – Saturday October 17, 2015
Tuesday October 13
- 3pm-8pm: For all registered consignors. Power Consignors (300+ items) must preregister. Perfect Consignors (from Reading or Oaks) welcome without an appointment and will be given a fast pass.
Wednesday October 14
- 8am-Noon: Drop Off for all registered Consignors – Power Consignors (300+ items), must preregister. Please refer to the Drop Off page for details.
- 3pm-9pm Qualified Presale Entry Only – Look for details on that here, right side of the page.
Thursday, October 15
- 9am-8pm: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC $3 admission fee (click here to download your FREE pass). Children and strollers welcomed.
- 8pm-9pm: 2nd Consignor Drop Off. Your chance to sell more stuff or drop off for the 1st time! Please Note:We only accept items that do not require inspection for the 2nd Drop Off. This means we will not accept any clothing or shoes.
Friday, October 16
- 9am-7pm: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. No admission charged.
- 7pm-9pm: Team Member + 2 friends 50% Off presale. Pass required and children/strollers welcomed.
- 7:30-9pm: Consignor + 2 friends 50% Off Presale. Pass required and children/strollers welcomed.
Saturday, October 17
- 8am-5pm: HALF PRICE SALE*
*Many items will be an additional 50% off all day; children and strollers welcomed!
Sunday, October 18
- SALE CLOSED
- 1pm-3pm: Consignor Pick up unsold items
WHAT WILL YOU FIND THERE:
- Girls sizes preemie – Juniors
- Boys sizes preemie – 18
- No adult clothing except for maternity
- Maternity for all seasons
- Infant Care Necessities (diaper pails, bottles, nursing items, breast pumps)
- Kid Furnishings (room decor, furniture, pack-n-play)
- Toys & Play Equipment (large, small, indoor, outdoor)
- Books, Games, Puzzles, Arts & Crafts
- Strollers, Exersaucers, Bouncy Seats
- Car and Booster Seats
- Seasonal Items (Halloween costumes, holiday dresses, snow pants, boots and more)
- Sporting equipment, bikes and wagons
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
PARTY WITH US!
Mark your calendars! We have 2 events coming up to help you consign, shop, and just get familiar with Just Between Friends Lancaster.
- Tuesday October 6 at 9pm: Facebook chat for shoppers. Join us RIGHT HERE!
- Tuesday October 13 at 8pm: Twitter party for shoppers – Follow #JBFLancaster to join in!
You can learn more from me, too! I’m going to be consigning and shopping the pre-sale on Wednesday October 14 and showing you the deals I find! Follow me on Instagram and Twitter to see pictures of my best deals and look for hashtag #JBFLancaster to see what deals I’m scoring!