I was provided with complimentary products and/or compensation to facilitate this review. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
We are hosting Thanksgiving this year and I’ll be off to GIANT Food Stores this weekend to grab our turkey and all kinds of other goodies. Thanksgiving dinner is one serious undertaking, isn’t it?
I took my daughter for her well-check this week and the doctor asked what we were doing, if we were hosting, and I said yes. She said, “No rest for you, Mom. But that’s okay. That’s what family is for.” Amen, doc.
So I’m slowing finalizing my menu here and adding things to my shopping list. I’m FAMOUS for having to hit the store multiple times for all the things I forgot and I have zero interest in making a last-minute run to the store on Thanksgiving.
I’m thinking outside the box here, trying to remember every thing I might need. Fortunately GIANT has me covered on all fronts. I can literally get everything I need to host dinner in one store. And they have some really great savings on their Own Brands and Simply Enjoy products, so look for them first.
Now, here’s my list of things I think some of us might forget. Take a look before you hit the store for that last Thanksgiving shopping trip!
- Food Storage Containers: We always send leftovers home with our guests so grab some containers that you’re happy to give away. You know if you giveaway your ‘real’ stuff you probably won’t see it again!
- Cleaning Supplies: Thanksgiving clean up is like the largest of messes. Make sure you have dish soap, paper towels, and kitchen sponges and cleaning pads.
- Pain Relief: Two words: stress headache. I actually get them frequently and when you have company you need to power through.
- Cooking Spray: You bought the side dish ingredients so don’t let it stick to the pan and go to waste. We use this Nature’s Promise spray and it works great.
- Bags and Wraps: I’m talking about plastic baggies, aluminum foil (don’t let that turkey burn!), and plastic wrap to seal up that little bit of leftover pie.
- Paper plates and napkins: I hate to even mention this one because honestly I try to avoid creating unnecessary trash whenever possible. But sometimes I do bite the bullet and go with paper so I’m not standing in the sink doing dishes all night.
- Kid Food: Let’s face it, some kids aren’t going to eat turkey with a side of stuffing. We always have a fruit salad here that mine devour, and it’s a good idea to pick up some yogurts or applesauce just to have something quick and easy on hand that you know they’ll like.
- Crackers and Snackers: Grab some appetizer-like stuff while you’re shopping. You know people are going to want to munch while the turkey is cooking. Crackers, bread, and dip, veggies, and fruit are easy options that require very little prep. Look for Simply Enjoy products that are sooooo good!
What else did I miss? I’d love to hear what’s on your list that you think I might be forgetting before I go to GIANT this weekend to get all my goodies.
GIANT Food Stores is generously offering one of my readers a $25 gift card to help out with your holiday prep! This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only (and obviously make sure you’re close to a GIANT to be able to use it!) and will end at 11:59pm ET on November 30, 2015.