I have to admit I’m not a huge salad lover, but my sister made this Spinach Apple Salad With Curried Peanuts & Maple Cider Dressing for a holiday a while back and I had to have the recipe. It’s SO good!
And it’s beautiful, too! I love the colorful red onion in there. There are a few steps but it’s really quite easy. I got my kids to help me make the curried pecans (which they loved!) and the salad dressing. This salad is perfect for a holiday meal or a lunch treat!
- 8oz. bag of pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 10oz. package of baby spinach
- 1 Gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Pecans: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the pecans in the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and spices. Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on an aluminum foil line pan
- Bake 10-13 minutes until lightly browned.
- Dressing: While the pecans are cooking make the dressing. Whisk together the vinegar, syrup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil whisking constantly until well combined.
- Salad: Combine spinach, apples, and onion. Add some feta or goat cheese if you'd like!
- Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pecans.