This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili recipe is perfect for a fall day!
Fall is definitely in the air here in Pennsylvania. I’m loving it! This is maybe my favorite time of year in-part because of all the yummy comfort food that comes with it. This is when we break out the slow cooker on a regular basis and I can’t tell you how much I love avoiding that 5 o’clock what’s-for-dinner scramble. This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili recipe is easy to make, hearty, and healthy. It’s perfect for game day or for a Sunday dinner with family and friends. And if you guessed that it’s even better on day 2, you guessed right.
Yum. Doesn’t it look delicious? Soooo good. Kudos to my husband for putting this one together for us last weekend. Whatcha making next, honey? 😉
- 1lb. ground turkey (or one package, some are a little over a pound)
- 2 40-oz. cans kidney beans (I like to use one dark red and one light red)
- 4 onions, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 4 diced tomatoes or 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbl chili powder
- 1 tbl cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbl paprika