I’m so excited to be partnering as an ambassador with Just Between Friends Reading to share what’s new with their Spring 2016 sale! I’ve been shopping my local JBF sales for a few years now and once you start, you’re hooked.
This sale is HUGE! I just shopped the pre-sale on Wednesday and seriously couldn’t believe the deals. I am betting this has to be the biggest Reading sale to date!
The Event Info
First things first: event dates. The JBF Reading Spring 2016 sale runs from April 28-30, 2016 at Body Zone in Wyomissing, PA. Sign up and get all the details on the website. Here is the sale schedule:
Thursday, April 28th
- 9am-8pm: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC $3 admission fee – children and strollers welcomed.
- 8pm-9pm: 2nd Consignor Drop Off. Your chance to sell more stuff or drop off for the 1st time! Please Note:We only accept items that do not require inspection for the 2nd Drop Off. This means we will not accept any clothing or shoes.
Friday, April 29th
- 9am-7pm: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. No admission charged.
- 7pm-9pm: Team Member + 2 friends 50% Off presale. Pass required and children/strollers welcomed.
- 7:30-9pm: Consignor + 2 friends 50% Off Presale. Pass required and children/strollers welcomed.
Saturday, April 30th
- 8am-5pm: HALF PRICE SALE*
*Many items will be an additional 50% off all day; children and strollers welcomed!
Sunday, May 1st
- 5:00pm-7:00pm: Consignor Pick up unsold items
I’ve learned a couple of basics when shopping JBF. Here are the important things to know:
- Power shopping is a workout. Leave your coat in the car.
- Same with your purse. I tucked my debit card into my pocket and went in without the extra baggage. Make sure your payment method is secure, but leave the heavy purse at home.
- Bring a wagon, beach cart, or laundry basket to carry your goods in. They do have some nice big bags but I like using a laundry basket so I can more easily see everything I’m throwing in there as I shop!
- Make a list before you leave home. Decide what the kids really need, and also write down their clothing and shoe sizes.
- Plan your strategy by looking at the sale floor map (available here) before you go in.
What I Bought
I had so much fun shopping for my kids, and I kept finding things I LOVED that my kids are too old for. My sister-in-law is expecting and I really need her to hurry up and have that baby so I have a little boy to buy toys for! For my children, my favorite finds are always clothing and books. I got some gorgeous pieces for my daughter!
Here’s what I came home with: 2 dresses, 1 tunic tank, 2 t-shirts, 2 pair of shorts, and 5 books, all for $47. Those blue Gymboree shorts were brand new with the tags still on them and I only paid $6 for them! Score! That works out to $3.92 per item!
My kids dove right into these books, some of which were only $1 each! We go through books like nothing around here and I love buying them at a discount. Brand new books can be pricey so this is the smart way to stock your library.
My son was loving his new duds. That tee is a little wrinkled but it was $1 folks. Hello!
My daughter needed a dress for an upcoming spring concert and she LOVED this one that I found. It was only $10 and she actually wore it to school today – couldn’t wait! It’s so pretty!
The JBF Reading Spring 2016 runs through Saturday April 30. You can get complete sale details on the website so be sure to check it out and then hop in the car and get there for some amazing deals!