I have to just admit it. My name is Lindsay and I am addicted to Pinterest. You are, too, aren’t you??? It’s just so fun to browse all the coolest stuff on the web and get so many new fantastic ideas for recipes, crafts, parties, entertaining, home decor, and of course the funniest one-liners ever. So to embrace my Pinterest addiction, I’m adding a new weekly feature to the site: Pinterest: My Friday Find. I’ll share my favorite recent pin with you, and if you’ve got one to share with me, leave a link in the comments. I’m always looking for new awesomeness to pin.
If you aren’t pinning yet and want to be, you’ll need an invite to get started. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you an invite! And if you’re already pinning, come follow me so we can share our love of Pinterest together.
Okay, for my first Friday Find I’m sharing with you this butterfly art made from footprints. HOW CUTE! This would be a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the kids to make for Mom and Dad or the grandparents. Unfortunately this pin doesn’t actually take you to a webpage to figure out how to make this in more detail, but it’s not that hard. Here’s what I’d do:
- Get a 12″x12″ canvas or piece of cardstock (then use a square frame to keep it flat and be able to hang it). You can easily find this stuff at A.C. Moore or Michael’s (don’t forget your coupons!) or on Amazon.
- Paint the bottom ONE of you kid’s feet any colors you choose. Do it in the bathroom or kitchen so when they start flailing because it tickles you didn’t just get purple paint all over your carpet.
- Then have them stand on their clean foot while you place their painted foot on the paper for the first butterfly wing.
- Wash off the first foot. Again helpful to be in the bathroom or kitchen!
- Repeat with the second foot, then wash it off.
- Paint the pads of two of their fingers and let them make the little balls on the end of the antennae.
- Let the paint dry, then use a marker to draw the body of the caterpillar and the antennae.
So cute, right?! I love this idea!
Don’t forget to leave me a link to your favorite pin right now, too!