As a member of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad food blogger club, I received product in exchange for this post. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Peanut Butter & Co. is like an addiction for me. I can’t stop, won’t stop eating their peanut butters. Ask my husband about the 5 jars of it in the cupboard at all times. On second thought, don’t remind him. 😉 Now that it’s October (hello, fall weather!) the Yum Squad has a new challenge: create a recipe for #Oatober, using Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter and Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. Challenge accepted.
I like easy recipes that I can make quickly. There are times when it’s late afternoon and I just need something sweet, like NOW. This is one of those that I usually have the ingredients on hand for and can whip up in no time. Plus it’s delicious, flour and butter free, and the kids love it. Cinnamon Peanut Butter Cookie Pie is a win all the way around.
Mix up the ingredients as directed and then dump them into a pie dish.
Use your hands to spread it out evenly, and then bake.
And then you EAT. Yum! Okay, here’s the recipe for you. It’s a must-try!
- 1 cup + one heaping spoonful Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray a 9" pie pan with cooking spray. A smaller pie pan works fine, too, but may require a longer cooking time. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until well mixed.
- Then add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips and oats by hand.
- Once everything is well combined, pour (or dump!) the mixture into your prepared pie pan.
- Use your clean hands to press the dough down and out to the edges until it is a uniform thickness all the way around the pan.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes. When edges start to brown, it's done!
- Allow to cool until you can't wait anymore! It will cut more cleanly when it's cooled, but I know the struggle. You want some now!
- To serve, cut into pie pieces.
- Put the heaping spoonful of peanut butter and remaining ½ teaspoon of cinnamon in a microwave safe cup or dish and heat for about 30 seconds until it's runny enough to pour. Stir, then drizzle over cookie pie pieces to serve.
After your cookie pie has cooled a bit you can cut it up and drizzle it with cinnamon-flavored peanut butter. More peanut butter is always a good thing.
*drooool* I think I need to make this again soon. Maybe today. Hope you give it a try and let me know what you think!
Check out the Peanut Butter & Co. website for more great products and be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to find some awesome promotions and new recipes they share! Oh, and you can by Peanut Butter & Co. products on Amazon and have them shipped right to your house.
Peanut Butter & Co. is generously offering one of my readers 2 jars of their peanut butter plus a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. YUM! So you can make this recipe too (and come up with some of your own!)! This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only and will end on October 14, 2015 at 11:59pm ET. Good luck, and have a great #Oatober!