As a member of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad food blogger club, I received product in exchange for this post. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butters are one of my must-have items. It’s on the same par as coffee. Must. Have. I eat it every day for breakfast, either on an English muffin or stirred into oatmeal. And I eat that stuff right off a spoon, too. I’ve tried several flavors and they’re all amazingly good. The Bee’s Knees is one of my favorites and it’s perfect for spring! Bees, honey, springtime…get it? So I was excited to get a couple of jars of The Bee’s Knees to play with and tell you about this month. Not a drop has gone to waste. 😉
The Bee’s Knees is made with honey and has a delicious honey flavor. It contains no cholesterol, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, and no high-fructose corn syrup. It is also gluten-free, vegetarian, and certified kosher. So basically it’s the perfect food. Now that the weather is finally warming up I’m thinking about healthy snacks for us, things to keep us energized while we’re on the move from one soccer game to the next. We love no-bake energy balls and I thought The Bee’s Knees would be perfect in a batch. I was not wrong. That extra honey flavor makes them amazing!
My family loves this recipe. I mean, if eating the entire batch over the course of an afternoon is any indication, I’m going to call them a hit. They’re easy to make (your mixer does all the work) and you can store them in the fridge for quick snacks for the entire family. But a word to the wise: double the batch.
- 1¼ cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup The Bee's Knees Peanut Butter
- ⅔ cup of coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients but the chocolate chips to your stand mixer bowl. Mix until well combined, scraping down the sides once or twice as needed.
- Add the chocolate chips and give it another mix until they're evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate the mix for 30-60 minutes to all it to firm up. Otherwise the honey and peanut butter make it too sticky to roll into balls.
- After the mixture has firmed up in the fridge, roll into bite-sized balls and layer in a resealable container so you can store them in the fridge. Put wax or parchment paper between each layer so they don't stick together.
Enjoy! My kids love these snacks and so do I. Not only are they easy to whip up but they’re pretty healthy and delicious. I can’t wait to see what else I can come up with to make with The Bee’s Knees!
Check out the Peanut Butter & Co. website for more great products and be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to find some awesome promotions and new recipes they share! Oh, and you can by Peanut Butter & Co. products on Amazon and have them shipped right to your house. Trust me, you’ll want to know this.
Great news! Peanut Butter & Co. is offering one of my readers 2 jars of Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter. Delish! This giveaway will end on May 23, 2014. You can enter to win [HERE].