It’s been bitter cold here in Pennsylvania and I know it’s even chillier in other areas of the country. Today’s snow inspired me to whip up a hot drink and I put a little Valentine’s Day spin on it.
These are the only ingredients you need to make this yummy Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Hot Chocolate.
And as the name implies, there’s plenty of chocolate!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles or chocolate curls for garnish
- In a saucepan heat the milk, half-and-half, white chocolate chips, and vanilla over medium heat. Stir constantly with a whisk to melt the chips and until the mixture is bubbling.
- Once the chips are melted add the food coloring. I used two drops to get a light pink color. Add as much or as little as you like, just do one drop at a time so you can control the color as you go.
- Stir well with whisk to mix in color. Remove from heat and pour into heat-safe glasses or mugs. I poured from the saucepan to a large glass measuring glass with a pouring spout on it, then poured the hot chocolate into my glasses to keep from spilling.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings (I made mine with a Hershey bar and a vegetable peeler!), sprinkles, candy canes, or whatever goodies you'd like to decorate with.
You could change this up for any holiday. Make it green for St. Patrick's Day or make them red and green for Christmas! Also, you could make this with just milk but it's creamier with the half-and-half.