St. Patrick’s Day is coming up so I’m thinking of fun green goodies to make for the kids (and for me)! These Sweet & Sour Frozen Grapes are perfect little green treats. Of course I had to take it one step further and make red grapes, too. They’re delish and these are SO easy to make.
All you need are grapes and Jell-O mix. Make sure you get the regular Jell-O mix and not sugar free. The sugar is what makes them sweet!
Rinse your grapes in a colander and let them drip dry a bit so they’re not too dripping wet.
Dump the grapes in a plastic baggie, dump the Jell-O mix in there and give it a good shake to coat. Then freeze them for at least a couple of hours. I’d say 3 hours at least to get them good and frozen. I had some impatient little kids here and didn’t quite get that long to freeze this batch!
Once they’re frozen, pop them like candy! They’re so tasty!
My kids love these treats and so do I. I just ate a little bowlful while I’m typing up this post. I won’t go so far as to say they’re healthy, but they certainly beat a candy bar and since they’re frozen you really only need a few to get the feeling that you’ve eating something substantial. I feel like I had dessert after about 12 grapes!
Make these Sweet & Sour Grapes for your little Leprechauns this St. Patrick’s Day!
- Grapes, green or red
- Jell-O Mix, original (not sugar free) I used Lime and Black Cherry for green and red grapes respectively
- Rinse grapes in a colander and allow to drip dry a bit so they're still wet but not dripping and watery.
- Dump the grapes into a plastic bag. Add the Jell-O mix.
- Shake the bag until the grapes are coated.
- Put the bag in the freezer and freeze for 3+ hours. (Or as long as you can wait to eat them!)