This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of EuropaCorp. All opinions are my own. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Going to the movies as a family is one of our favorite treats. The new trailer for NINE LIVES, hitting theaters on August 5, was just released and not only does it star some of my favorite actors, but it looks hilarious!
On behalf of EuropaCorp, we are pleased to share the teaser trailer for the upcoming film, NINE LIVES! Starring Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Garner, Malina Weissman, Cheryl Hines, Christopher Walken and Robbie Amell, NINE LIVES is the story of a stuffy businessman, Tom Brand (Kevin Spacey), who finds himself trapped inside the body of his family’s cat. If any hope exists of returning to his family as the husband and father they deserve, Tom will have to learn why he has been placed in this peculiar situation and the great lengths he must go to earn back his human existence.
Take a look at the brand new NINE LIVES trailer below.
Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Garner, and Christopher Walken are a few of my all-time favorite actors and this trailer looks so, so funny!
I actually interviewed Jennifer once and she is so down-to-earth and charming. Perfect for this role as a mom. And Kevin Spacey plays the best tough business guy, which somehow translates well into cat behavior, doesn’t it? My fellow cat people know what I mean.
This movie looks hilarious with a message that I’m sure a lot of parents need to hear (myself included). Lives are so busy and I personally feel like I’m always juggling to try to stay on top of the moment, forget about getting ahead. Just this weekend alone we have to go get tires for my car, my daughter has a soccer game, we need to place an order for tile for the kitchen, and I have a couple of deadlines to meet for the blog. Busy, busy, busy.
So when is family time? Honestly, I always tell the kids we have to work hard so when we play, we can play hard. Family vacations don’t pay for themselves. But just spending time together is important and that’s where the memories are made. So in addition to bigger chunks of time like those family trips and bike rides, we squeeze in quality time every day with these 5 simple routines:
- Storytime: Every night we read together. Usually my husband will read a bedtime story to one of the kids and I read to the other one. One-on-one time with them is a great way to bond, and since we all love books it’s something we look forward to each night.
- Dinnertime: Sometimes I have a bit of a #momfail in menu planning department, but even when dinner isn’t much to write home about, we sit down and eat together every night. It’s when we talk about what’s new at school, at work, upcoming plans, whatever comes up!
- Errands: This isn’t always FUN, fun, but it’s time spent together so we try to make the most of it. There have been some interesting conversations in my car, let me tell ya!
- Movie Night: Movie night is our favorite, and it can be totally impromptu. Pop in a DVD or fire something up on Netflix and pop some popcorn: done. We all get in our jammies and grab a bunch of blankets. It’s such a nice way for me to personally decompress, too.
- Game Night: This one you have to watch if you have competitive people in the house (has anyone met my daughter?) but there are so many fun family games out now that are great for a laugh. I like the ones that are pretty quick so I can sometimes pop dinner in the oven and play a round before we eat. We also have an air hockey table in the basement and if you want to hear some serious family smack talk, come on down there during one of our marathons!
What do you do to squeeze in quality family time? I’d love to hear more ideas. The days go so fast and I know I have to stop myself from working too much and make sure I don’t miss what’s really important. Mr. Fuzzypants has some lessons to teach in this department!
Mark your calendars for the August 5 release date, and stay up to speed with NINE LIVES news by following on Facebook, Twitter, and get your fill of Mr. Fuzzypants on Instagram. You can’t have too many cat pictures, amirite?