I’ve always loved Jillian Michaels since the first season I watched her on The Biggest Loser. She’s a get ‘er done gal that doesn’t sugarcoat things, which is totally what I need when it comes to health and fitness motivation. Her wildly popular Maximize Your Life Tour 2014 just started and it looks amazing! Check out the clip below to see what attendees are saying.
Jillian Michaels Maximize Your Life Tour 2014
She’s so inspiring and high-energy! I can imagine that seeing her on stage in person is so much more awesome than watching her on TV.
I had the opportunity to chat with Jillian on the phone about her current tour. Yeah, Jillian Michaels called me. To say that I was a little nervous waiting for the phone to ring is an understatement, but just as soon as we started talking I felt at ease. She’s so cool, just so easy to talk to and down-to-earth. Though my main goal in interviewing her was to learn more about her tour I am not one to waste an opportunity like this. So I had a few questions ready and moms, I think you’ll love to hear what she had to say!
Questions and replies are paraphrased based on my notes. I didn’t record the call to get verbatim answers but you’ll get the idea!
Q: This is the second year of your tour. Have you changed it any since year one?
Jillian: It’s the same show in all different cities. This time the entire audience participates in the Q&A and the VIP guests do the meet and greet with photos.
Q: Is the show primarily about weight loss?
Jillian: It’s about building a happier and healthier life. Physical health is part of that. Eating better, eating less, moving more, those things are easy yet so many people struggle with it. I don’t believe compassion is a good thing. Messages of ‘think positive, love yourself more’ are not an action plan. They reinforce a feeling of not being capable. Empathy however, is a good thing. Yes it’s hard but you are capable. Take responsibility. In my show I’ll give you a set of real action items and skills to achieve your goals.
Q: What do you think is the thing most commonly standing in the way of people achieving their goals?
Jillian: An intrinsic lack of self worth. They don’t feel deserving, or they don’t feel capable.
Q: What do you say to moms that feel like they’re too busy taking care of their families to take care of themselves?
Jillian: Moms need to give themselves permission to make themselves a priority. I know you have to put your kids first. But your one true obligation to everyone is to clean up your side of the street, be a role model, be your best self. Treat yourself the way you treat your kids. You can find 30 minutes 4-5 times a week to exercise. Do a DVD, play tag with the kids. Eat less and make common sense food choices.
Q: I read in your bio on your site that you support the Alliance for a Healthier Generation which is working to fight childhood obesity. What’s your advice to families on this issue?
Jillian: I try to help my kids understand the benefits of good health in their life. My daughter loves to listen to Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ and I explain to her that Katy Perry can roar because she eats things like kale, spinach, and salmon.
I felt so inspired after I got off the phone with her I actually ordered 30 Day Shred. She is just awesome!
What to expect at Jillian’s Maximize Your Life Show
In her trademark, no-nonsense style, Jillian breaks down three key health aspects: self, science, and sweat. She’ll cut to the chase and clear away the confusion, so you can finally conquer the challenges you face in each area. Then, she’ll provide you with seven rules for maximizing your life IMMEDIATELY, so you can begin your transformation right away:
- Lose weight and get in the best shape of your life: Learn what, when and how to eat so you maximize your metabolism and ignite your fat-burning potential. Comprehend the most cutting-edge fitness techniques to create dramatic transformation at an accelerated pace.
- Live in your truth: Cultivate your passions and embrace your uniqueness to create a purpose-filled life — on your own terms.
- Redefine your self-image and dramatically improve your confidence and self-worth: Believe in the FACT that you are entitled to and deserving of happiness. Eliminate negative self-talk, attack inhibitions, and unleash your potential.
- Create a winning attitude: Gain awareness, overcome fear, utilize failures, work through worry, and erase shame to blast through obstacles.
- Establish Support: Channel your communication skills to get what you want by setting boundaries and articulating your needs in ways that work for you
- Build will power: Gear your environment for success and engage in behavioral exercises that manage impulsivity, gain emotional control, squash destructive actions and coping mechanisms.
- Maximize Productivity: Create a roadmap for success that systematically and strategically facilitates the achievement of your goals.
Check out the Maximize Your Life tour schedule and see if she’ll be in a city near you! Tickets are so affordable and I have no doubt you’ll leave ready to take on the world!