If you love Italian food (hello, fellow pasta addicts) you know that bright yellow label on the store shelves. Cento Fine Foods is always our go-to brand for Italian cooking products because they’re the best! I’ve used them long before I had the chance to really get familiar with this brand at the Summer Fancy Food Show this past summer. But now I’m seriously loving this brand. I bet you didn’t know that they have over 1000 high-quality, authentic Italian products!
The Cento booth at the show was ginormous, big enough to house TONS of their products. I really only knew of the ones I see regularly on the store shelves but they make tons of goodies, and actually own several other brands you might know like Bellina, Ferrara, and Little Gina’s.
Cento Fine Foods is the maker of soup stocks, bread crumbs, all kinds of canned tomato products, beans, and SO much more. And they are really picky about their products. Some manufacturers of tomato products use a mixture of re-constituted tomatoes. Not Cento. Their tomato products are 100% vine ripened tomatoes, picked fresh and packed immediately to preserve their authentic Italian taste. So this is REAL, good food that you can feel good about feeding to your family.
I was introduced to a bunch of new products that they’ve come out with this year, many of them organic. I love how you can really pull an entire meal together using just their products!
Cento sent me this variety of goodies including so many from their organic line! I was just a little thrilled when I opened that box. Think of all the recipes hiding in these cans and bottles! Since fall is in the air around here (I’m so glad!) we decided on a soup recipe that would let us used several of these ingredients.
This Hearty Vegetarian Cabbage Soup is really easy to make. Plan ahead because it does require some cooking time but it’s nearly all hands-off, simmering-on-the-stove time. Once you chop the few veggies, the rest is a piece of cake.
- 1 large or 2 small cabbages, cut coarsely
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and cut thick
- 2 stalks celery, cut coarsely
- 1 large onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 15.5oz. can Cento Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5oz. can Cento White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28oz. can Cento Chunky Style Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 32oz. box of Cento Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cento Vegetable Paste (eyeball it, 2 good squirts)
- 6 cups water
- 1 envelope of Good Seasoning Italian Dressing Mix
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot EXCEPT the beans, tomatoes, and seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer with cover on until slightly tender (start checking at 15-20 minutes)
- Then add beans, tomatoes, and seasoning mix.
- Continue simmering until the cabbage and carrots are as tender as you like them.
YUM. This soup is so good! Full of flavor and it’s really low calorie, but fills you up. I love that!
Check out all of the delicious Italian-style products from Cento Fine Foods on their website, and be sure to follow along on Facebook and Twitter. I am seeing the most delicious foods on their Instagram and Pinterest pages, too. Yum!
Cento is generously offering one of my readers the same awesome package of goodies they sent to me (look for the pic above)! This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only and will end at 11:59pm ET on October 2, 2015.