This Halloween Pizza Recipe for Personal Mummy Pizzas is so quick and easy to make and the kids love it! They have fun making their own mummies and it’s been my go-to dinner for trick-or-treat night for the past couple of years. That night is always so rushed and I can throw these together really fast and they’re always a hit with the kids. Plus they’re just fun, right?!
This is how they look before they go into the oven. You can see how easy it is to make them. Just a few simple steps.
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuit dough (I used Pillsbury Grands)
- 1 can of pizza sauce
- 1 package of sliced mozzarella cheese (not shredded), cut into strips
- Black olives, 1 per pizza, cut in half
- Preheat oven per directions on the biscuit dough.
- Arrange the biscuits on a baking sheet and flatten a bit with the palm of your hand. I highly recommend using a
- silicone baking sheet
- to prevent the bottoms from burning. Parchment paper would work, too.
- Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce over each biscuit getting close to the edge but don't go over to prevent a mess! (Tip: You're probably only going to use half of the can of pizza sauce for one can of biscuits. I bought 2 cans of biscuits to use up the whole thing, but then you might need a little extra cheese too. Decide how many you want. Leftovers are good, too!)
- Arrange 3-5 strips of mozzarella cheese on each biscuit (depends how wide you've cut them), overlapping them in a way that leaves a free space for the black olive eyes.
- Place two black olive halves in that space that's free of cheese so that they look like eyes.
- Bake as directed according to the biscuit package.
- Let cool a couple of minutes before eating.