I could make a meal out of corn on the cob in the summer. I love it and it’s so cheap and fresh from the farms in our neck of the woods. I kicked it up a bit with a grilling recipe and my husband and I loved it. The kids? Not so much but that’s probably to be expected with chili powder and lemon involved!
This recipe is so simple and the thing I love about it is that there’s no butter! The lemon and spices add a TON of flavor and you definitely don’t miss the extra fat. I might try this with some different herbs and spices over the summer and see what else we can come up with.
- 6 ears of corn on the cob, husked and silk removed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (or regular salt if you don't have this)
- Pepper to taste
- Soak the husked corn in water for about 10 minutes before grilling.
- Combine the lemon juice, chili powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place corn on grill over medium heat, brushing with the lemon juice mixture each time you turn it.
- It should cook for about 3 minutes per side or until it starts to brown.
I am participating in the Meatless May Challenge this month with a group of other bloggers. We’ll each be posting 10 recipes in the month of May made without meat!