This post including prizing is in partnership with Crown Publishing. All thoughts and opinions are my own. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
New year, new you, too? Who else is trying (again) to make this the year that we get healthier? I admit it’s a pretty regular struggle for me, but my efforts aren’t all for not. I’ve learned a few things along the way. Two of my top take-aways: If you want to lose weight, you need to watch what you put in your mouth. Exercise is good for your health, but it’s what you EAT that will change the numbers on the scale.
Which leads me to my second little tidbit: Eating more flavorful foods will allow you to feel satisfied sooner and is a natural way to control portions. I’ve been using an awesome new cookbook from one of my favorite chefs that I’m excited to share with you, because it provides exactly the kind of recipes I need to kick start my food overhaul. Read below for an overview of Bobby Flat Fit, the new cookbook from you-know-who, get one of the recipes (yes, I got permission to share!), and we have a great giveaway at the end. Let’s do this!
Bobby Flay Fit
Bobby Flay Fit is an awesome cookbook because it provides healthful recipe ideas for every one. If you have a sweet tooth, there are dessert recipes, too! I love the variety both in flavors and types of recipes, and also in level of intricacy. Yes, some nights I will take the time to cut up a bunch of herbs, and other nights I need something faster. This book has both!
Cook, eat, and be fit with 200 recipes from Bobby Flay, whose approach to healthy eating is all about flavor—not eliminating anything from your diet.
With a profession that has him constantly developing and tasting new recipes, chef Bobby Flay does not eschew any foods: bread, bacon, and butter are still all on the table. His secret to staying healthy is to have on hand an arsenal of low-calorie flavor bombs—like rubs, relishes, and marinades—to transform lean proteins, whole grains, and fresh produce into craveworthy meals at home. In Bobby Flay Fit, Bobby shares smoothies and juices, breakfast bowls, snacks to fuel workouts, hearty salads, nourishing soups, satisfying dinners, and lightened-up desserts. With fitness tips and a look into the chef’s daily healthy routines, this cookbook is for those who want to eat right without overhauling their pantries or sacrificing taste.
You Know Bobby Flay, Don’t You?!
I have always been a Bobby Flay fan. Don’t you love watching his shows on Food Network? He had one at one time where he was outside grilling pretty much everything you can imagine, and I always thought his style of cooking stood out among other chefs for including all of these really bold, exciting flavors.
BOBBY FLAY, New York Times bestselling author and lifelong runner, is the chef-owner of the fine-dining restaurants Gato, Bar Americain, Mesa Grill, and Bobby Flay Steak and numerous Bobby’s Burger Palaces. He is the host of many popular cooking shows on Food Network—from the Emmy-winning Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction to Iron Chef America, Beat Bobby Flay, and Food Network Star—as well as Brunch @ Bobby’s on Cooking Channel and the online series Bobby Flay Fit.
Listen to Bobby Flay talk about his new cookbook below:
Greek Fish Tacos Recipe
The publishing company gave me permission to share one of the recipes in Bobby Flay Fit and my family loves tacos, so we decided to give these Greek Fish Tacos a whirl.
First let me say, there was a fair amount of prep work here but nothing at ALL was difficult. For us, it was a great weekend meal when we had a little more time to spend in the kitchen. And I literally can’t remember the last time we cooked something so flavorful. I could eat this tomato relish off of a tortilla chip and be happy. It’s so fresh and delicious.
My whole family loved this recipe. Yes, even the kids! Here it is below. Enjoy!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds skinless flaky white fish fillets, such as striped bass or snapper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 12 (6-in.) flour tortillas, warmed in foil
- ¾ cup Tzatziki (another recipe in book) or store-bought
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, olives, vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours. Stir in the herbs just before serving.
- Marinate the fish: In a blender, combine the olive oil and oregano, season with salt and pepper, and puree until smooth. Put the fish in a baking dish, pour the marinade over, turn to coat, and let sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or a nonstick saute pan over high heat. Remove the fish from the marinade and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook on both sides until golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board, squeeze lemon over, and let rest for 5 minutes before flaking.
- Serve the fish in warm tortillas topped with some of the relish. Add a large dollop of tzatziki to each.
The recipe indicates you should flake the fish, and I think I might leave some bigger hunks in there next time. Oh, if you want that tzatziki recipe you’ll have to get the book. It’s amazing. I’d never made it fresh before and wow! What a difference!
You can grab a copy of Bobby Flay FIT and get inspired to eat more flavorful, healthful foods! Be sure to check out Bobby Flay’s social media channels for great recipes, too: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
The generous folks at Crown Publishing are sponsoring an awesome giveaway for See Mom Click readers!
One (1) winner receives a New Year, New You prize pack:
- copy of Bobby Flay Fit
- plus a FitBit Charge to help keep you on track with your new healthy lifestyle!
This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only and will end at 11:59pm ET on January 22, 2018. Good luck!