Did you know that heart disease is the number one killer of women? It kills more women than all cancers combined. Wow. A scary fact, isn’t it? To bring attention to the importance of heart health to all the ladies out there, the American Heart Association Created Go Red for Women in 2004. It’s a national education campaign designed to empower women to take charge of their heart health. Take a minute to read more about Go Red for Women here, and check out these things you can do at any age to take control of your heart health.There is even a free 12-week fitness and nutrition program called BetterU that you can check out.
Tomorrow, Friday February 3, is National Wear Red Day! This is a day of national awareness of women’s heart health and the American Heart Association is challenging us all to wear red. I’m going to find something red to wear and join in! Tell you friends and take fun picture of you all together in your red gear. You just might win Best in Show!
Here are a few other things you might want to check out this year during the Go Red campaign:
- Get a free red dress pin here!
- For every Valentine sent through the Macy’s Facebook page they’ll donate $2, up to $250,000 to the Go Red movement
- Take an extra 20% off + free shipping on orders of $99 or more from Macys.com. Use code RED at check out. Offer good through 2/5/12.
- Wear red to a Macy’s store to get 20% off, too! If you forget your red, buy a $2 Go Red pin and get the discount!
- Stay up to date with all the news and happenings on the Go Red for Women Facebook page.
Now to dig around in my closet and see what RED I can wear tomorrow!
Happy heart day, ladies!