Today Sesame Place welcomed all 6 of the Chesco On The Cheap Family to their park. Sesame Place is a Family Theme Park conveniently located in Langhorne, Pennyslvania, just 30 minutes from center city Philadelphia and 90 minutes from New York City. Sesame Place is the Nations only theme park based on the award winning tv program Sesame Street. Visit the more than 60 physical attractions, have a play date with the characters, make a splash in the water parks and soar on nearly 2 dozen rides.
We couldn’t have had a more beautiful day to review Sesame Place. It cost us $15 to park in general parking, $18 for preferred. VIP parking is available at $30 and it saves you from having to cross a busy Sesame Rd. Single day admission from 2yrs old and up is $57.99. Read on and after you see what you get for this price, you will find it well worth it!
The morning warmed up quickly and the kids couldn’t wait to jump into the water park. We found a shallow wave pool perfect for little ones, just 2 ft high. My older kids tested out the water slides. The water parks and slides are located through out the park. The 6 person Sky Splash was a major hit and thank goodness life vests were provided! Lifeguards were on duty at every water attraction. I was pleasantly surprised that guests could walk around the park in bathing suits. Yep, this meant no dressing and undressing, pulling the clothes out, stuffing them back in the bags, etc. The kids loved the convenience as well, they rode rides, then cooled off on a water slide.
I personally loved the size of the park. I feel like at other parks I spend half the day walking from one end to the other. Sesame Place is just the right size. I found VIP Cabanas next to the large water playground, The Count’s Splash Castle where you can get all the VIP perks of the park and meet The Sesame Place characters.
My 2 year old was delighted to see the characters she loves to watch on tv. The characters put on a very interactive Lets Play Together Show 4-5 times per day, filled with dancing and learning. Elmo Rocks! Show is a super funny dancing and singing show and Elmo’s World Live! both show 4-5 times per day. Every day at 3 and 7pm, enjoy performances at the Neighborhood Street Party Parade with all the Characters. We also found the characters greeting guests throughout the day, perfect photo opportunity.
There’s 2 dozen dry rides and attractions, appropriate for all ages. The rides are large enough to accommodate parents riding with younger children while the older children could ride by themselves. Not all the attractions are rides. Something we have never seen at a park was three story high Climbing Nets and a Giant Moonbounce called Ernies Bed Bounce.
Some Tips For Your Trip:
- Wear comfortable flip flops or easy on and off shoes. Shoe cubbies are located in front of every water attraction.
- The park is black top and warms up quickly. Come prepared and bring extra sunscreen! (The cafeterias are air conditioned)
- Sesame Place is family oriented and friendly. The employees were all very pleasant.
- From now until 6/29, enjoy $20 off a single, weekday admission. This is a huge savings and I would hurry for $37 admission! Check out other Ways to Save and Special Theme Park Offers.
- Sesame Place allows small coolers (10x12x12) in the park. They also allow guests to leave the park and come back. Picnic areas are available for those who choose not to eat in the park.
- I recommend weekday visits. We waited in line no more than 5 minutes.
- We got in line two times to get our picture taken with a character and were told no more pictures. I recommend asking the employees when a character will be available for pictures and find out where. *Bring your Camera!
As we were leaving the park I thought about the price. For every thing you get, I’d say it’s fair. You get wet and dry attractions, entertainment with a really neat Sesame Street parade and several shows, plus get pictures with the characters ALL DAY LONG! A Sesame Street Live show is less than that and the same price.I asked the kids for their review on Sesame Place. My 8 year old loved the roller coaster. My 7 year old loved the lazy river and BOTH said there was nothing that could have been better. I felt like a kid again hearing the Sesame Street music throughout the park and enjoyed watching my kids faces light up with joy. In fact as I write this review I have Elmo’s World stuck in my head. Thank you for this opportunity Sesame Place, we all had an unforgettable time.Sesame Place is giving one Chesco reader complimentary tickets to enjoy their park! Please thank Sesame Place for this awesome Giveaway!
Disclosure: We received one or more complimentary tickets in order to facilitate an honest review. All opinions are my own.