This Fresh and Easy Homemade Guacamole recipe is my husband’s and it’s one of my favorites! It’s soooo good! And it’s really quick to make and perfect to serve with some chips and veggies for snack food when you’re having company or the big game is on.
- 4 Haas Avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno, diced (get a fresh one, not canned)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of course salt, or to taste
- Remove skin and seed from avocado and put the avocado in a bowl.
- Pour (or squeeze) lime juice on top and gently stir, but don't break up the chunks of avocado.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir just enough to combine. Don't stir enough to make the avocado smooth. It should be a bit chunky.
- Either serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. The avocado will turn brown (but still be good and edible!) after about a day. So plan accordingly and don't make it too far in advance.