I have been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Earth Day is April 22 and it’s a good time to take a step back and see what changes you can make to go a little greener (which, fortunately also usually means saving a little green in the long run, too!). I don’t know about you but I use my major appliances daily – washer and dryer, fridge (of course!), and the dishwasher. Having water and energy efficient appliances makes it easy to save on electricity year round without even having to think about it.
Why replace your refrigerator?
Best Buy is our go-to place for the best selection of appliances and I’m loving some of the new designs that are out these days. We built our house 10 years ago and wow, how things change! Today’s refrigerators use much less energy than older models. With an ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator, you can maximize your energy and dollar savings without sacrificing the features you want.
Slash your energy bills.
ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators are about 9-10 percent more energy efficient than models that meet the federal minimum energy efficiency standard.
Replace your old fridge for bigger savings.
More than 60 million refrigerators are over 10 years old, costing consumers $4.7 billion a year in energy costs. By properly recycling your old refrigerator and replacing it with a new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator, you can save between $35–$300 on energy costs over its lifetime. Use the ENERGY STAR Savings Calculator to find out exactly how much money you’ll save by replacing your existing refrigerator.
Protect the environment.
ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators use less energy and help us reduce our impact on the environment. If all refrigerators sold in the United States were ENERGY STAR certified, the energy cost savings would grow to more than $400 million each year and 8 billion pounds of annual greenhouse gas emissions would be prevented, equivalent to the emissions from 750,000 vehicles.
Check out the LG Studio Line – Beauty By Design!
Okay, these LG Studio appliances are GORGEOUS. I love the functionality and ENERGY STAR rating, but let’s be honest: I love the pretty kitchen! No surprise this is a Nate Berkus-inspired line with pro-style features like hefty metal knobs and flat doors — for a suite that’s both well-designed and hardworking. Double win! And this isn’t only refrigerators we’re talking about!
- Refrigerators – Your guests can’t help but be drawn to the seamless design and impeccable styling of LG Studio refrigerators. The horizontally brushed stainless steel finish, flat-door design and all-metal tall ice and water dispenser enhance the design aesthetic of any kitchen.
- Cooking – LG Studio delivers cooking precision, performance and versatility, combined with a streamlined, built-in look you’ll love. Every detail has been meticulously crafted, from flat-design, tilted control panels and robust, metal knobs to sleek wave handles and SmoothTouch glass controls.
- Dishwasher – LG Studio dishwashers feature ultraquiet 42 dB performance and a sleek and stylish exterior. LG tackles your toughest baked-on foods with ease — thanks to TrueSteam technology, prewashing (or rewashing) dishes is virtually a thing of the past.
- Over-the-range microwaves – Sensor cooking technology senses humidity levels within the oven and automatically adjusts cooking time and performance to provide superior heating performance. LG’s Convection technology means your microwave really can serve as a second oven. Bake or roast your favorite foods in less time. Use TrueCookPlus to cook your food easily and perfectly every time.
Some Deals for Shoppers
- 18 months major appliance financing or 10% rewards (increased from 5 to10% for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases (NEW – testing during this campaign)
- Free delivery on purchases $399+