I have always loved egg salad but my husband doesn’t care for it so I very rarely make it. My daughter, however, has recently decided she’s an egg addict and is asking for eggs any old which way all the time. So we’re going to get our egg on over here! My mom recently told me that she made the best egg salad without any mayo and used Greek yogurt instead, which adds NO fat and a whole lotta protein. It filled her up so much better that she only ate half a sandwich and was satisfied. Nice! So I pestered her for the recipe to share with you. Here ya go! (Thanks Mom!)
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and chopped moderately fine
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped onion or more to taste
- 1/4-1/3 cup of Greek yogurt
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
Combine all ingredients until well incorporated. Serve on bread for a sandwich or go low carb and eat on a bed of lettuce.