This post is sponsored by ZINK Imaging. The opinions in this post are 100% mine (and I love this gadget!). You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Last month I shared my new favorite gadget with you, the ZINK hAppy Smart App Printer™ and the really cool Instagram Photo Tile Craft that I made. This machine is so much fun. It’s so easy to use and the possibilities are endless!
This month I made a fun new Easy Thanksgiving Photo Craft with it that I’m excited to tell you about. I literally did this in about an hour from start to finish (and that included choosing which photos to print).
The ZINK hAppy is a zero-ink printer (ZINK = zero ink, get it?!) so you’ll never have to worry about running out of ink. It works with the zRolls that are like little rolls of photo printer paper that come in different widths.
Connect it via Bluetooth to the free app on your phone or tablet and you can print pictures from your gallery, Facebook, Instagram, and more. So fast and easy to set up, I literally plopped it on my kitchen table and was off and running in a minute. I chose 4 of my favorite family photos to print for this project.
The ZINK hAppy app is a full design studio, too, so you can create custom labels for almost anything. I made one that says ‘give thanks’ for the main label on my project.
Then I asked the kids to help me make a list of all the things for which we’re thankful. We printed out our favorites on a variety of background colors. I tried to match the background colors to the colored beads in the glasses so there was some flow there.
I found these little sticks with the black label area at the top at Michael’s. Look in the Christmas ornament DIY area. Then I just laid out my photos and words in different arrangements. The zRoll photo paper has an adhesive background. Just peel that off and stick them onto your project – DONE! So easy!
So here’s the finished product. Isn’t it cute? I think it’s pretty self explanatory how I put it together but let me try to outline the process just a bit.
- I found the little metal container with 3 small glass milk bottles in it at Michael’s (on sale for $7.99!). Even if you can’t find that exact set, you will easily find glass bottles of all shapes and sizes at your local craft store.
- Then I filled them with colorful beads. This is a great way to ‘theme’ your project, so choose red and white for Valentine’s Day, etc. (Also available at your craft store.)
- I mentioned that the sticks with the black rectangles on them were found in the DIY ornament area. I did have to clip the sticks a bit so they fit far enough down into my bottles, and I made three longer and two shorter so I could stagger them and make sure each photo was visible.
- And as I detailed more above, I created the labels and printed the photos on the ZINK hAppy printer. That’s it! Really easy and really inexpensive. Plus I can re-purpose this whole idea for any other occasion. In fact, the backs of these black labels are blank so I just might do a Christmas theme on there and change out the beads to red or white!
- Here’s a little tip to get them photo sticks just how you want them: Dump out some of the beads to allow more wiggle room when your putting the sticks in the bottles. When you get them how you want them, put beads in one at a time and try to fill in the empty spots, effectively ‘propping up’ your sticks and holding them in place.
I currently have this fun little bit of decor out on my chest of drawers in the foyer, but I think I’ll use it as a centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table.
Such a quick, easy and really fun craft! After a walk through the craft store I am inspired to start planning a Christmas craft too (so stay tuned!). You can grab a ZINK hAppy for yourself or anyone on your list (because I honestly think EVERYONE would love one of these!) on Amazon.
ZINK Imaging is generously offering one of my readers the same HUGE ZINK hAppy prize pack that I received. That includes the printer, 5 zRolls, a tool kit to help with your crafty projects, 3 protective covers, and an idea book, valued at nearly $350. AWESOME prize! This giveaway is open to US readers only, ages 18+, and will end at 11:59pm ET on December 8, 2015.