This Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast Dinner requires very little prep and comes together really fast. It’s full of flavor and feeds a crowd, making it one of my go-to easy dinner recipes.
Pot Roast Dinner
I love when I plan ahead and use my slow cooker to make dinner. Isn’t it awesome when 5 o’clock rolls around and you don’t have to worry about what to make?
This Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe is so quick to throw together and it tastes delicious. There are plenty of leftovers, too!
Here are the ingredients:
- A beef roast
- Can of beef broth
- Packet of dry onion soup mix
- Sprig of rosemary (optional)
The ingredients are often pantry and refrigerator staples, so you likely just have to get the beef roast to pull this meal together.
Prepare the vegetables by washing the potatoes. There is no need to peel them. If they are large potatoes, you can cut them in half. Smaller potatoes can be thrown in whole.
Onions can be peeled and cut in half.
Peel the carrots and cut the ends off. Longer carrots can be cut in half. All of this prep takes just a few minutes and then you’re ready to get your dinner in the slow cooker.
Arrange your dinner in the crock pot by placing the roast in the center of the pot. Layer the vegetables in next, working around the permieter with the larger potatoes and onions.
Depending on how hungry your crew is, you’ll likely have leftovers, too. Get the complete directions in the recipe below.
- One beef roast, about 3lbs.
- Potatoes, about 6 depending on size, washed and cut in half
- Onions, about 4, peeled and cut in half
- Carrots, a 2-3lb. bag, peeled and cut in half
- One small can of beef broth
- One packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- One sprig of fresh rosemary (optional - I had it in my garden so I threw it in!)
- If there's an excessive amount of fat on your beef you can trim some off, then place in the center of the slow cooker.
- Add your vegetables around the edges starting with potatoes, then onions, then carrots. Place the rosemary on top if you're using it.
- Pour about 1/3 of the beef broth over your pot roast.
- Add the onion soup mix to the remaining beef broth, right in the can, and stir. Then pour it over the roast.
- Put the cover on and cook on low heat for 8 hours.