I love when I plan ahead and use my slow cooker to make dinner. Isn’t it awesome when 5 o’clock rolls around and you don’t have to worry about what to make? This Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe is so quick to throw together and it tastes delicious. There are plenty of leftovers, too!
Here are the ingredients. Pretty simple stuff and there’s really not a lot of prep either.
Here’s what it looks like when you throw it all in the crock pot. Then just walk away and when it’s dinnertime you’ll be all set to eat!
- One beef roast, about 3lbs.
- Potatoes, about 6 depending on size, washed and cut in half
- Onions, about 4, peeled and cut in half
- Carrots, a 2-3lb. bag, peeled and cut in half
- One small can of beef broth
- One packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- One sprig of fresh rosemary (optional - I had it in my garden so I threw it in!)
- If there's an exsessive amount of fat on your beef you can trim some off, then place in the center of the slow cooker.
- Add your vegetables around the edges starting with potatotes, then onions, then carrots. Place the rosemary on top if you're using it.
- Pour about ⅓ of the beef broth over your pot roast.
- Add the onion soup mix to the remaining beef broth, right in the can, and stir. Then pour it over the roast.
- Put the cover on and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
I am participating in a Canning Challenge this month with a group of other bloggers. We’ll each be posting 10 recipes in the month of April either made with something canned, or something we’ve canned!