I love finding tasty ways to work steel cut oats into recipes I know my kids will like. I feel good about what they’re eating, AND it fills them up. Moms, that means you don’t need to be breaking out snacks every 30 minutes. Sign me up.
Easy No-Bake Energy Balls for Kids Recipe
I used Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal to make these Easy No-Bake Energy Balls for Kids and they were a serious hit. And let’s just be honest here – these are a treat for adults and kids alike. But throw in a little colorful chocolate and you’ll catch any kid’s eye.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. Basically you throw everything in the mixer, turn it on, stir in the chocolate pieces, roll the balls, and you’re done.
And look at all that yummy goodness hidden in these treats.
A double batch is just as easy to make as a single, and they really do go fast so I’d highly recommend doubling this recipe. Here it is:
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini candy-coated pieces
- Place all ingredients except the candy pieces in the stand mixer bowl.
- Mix until combined. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the candy pieces and stir them in by hand so they don't get broken up.
- Scoop hunks of the mix and roll into balls about 1" in diameter. Just eyeball it. The size is totally up to you!
- Store in refrigerator in a covered container.
If you want to mix it up a bit, try a chocolate protein powder instead of peanut butter. Don’t have mini candies on hand? Substitute chocolate chips instead. Honey would work as well as the agave nectar, too.
I did try to select ingredients that I thought were the most wholesome and opted for organic options when possible. This is a really easy recipe to keep as clean as possible for your kids which I love. And those little candy pieces are too small to even mention, right? Balance and moderation, friends.
No-Bake is my favorite when it comes to a quick afternoon or late-night snack. Easy, delicious, and healthy. They’re a total win!