Shish Kabob is one of my favorite summer grilling recipes. It’s so easy to make and we always make a bunch and enjoy the leftovers for a few days. Plus grilling dinner means less dishes for me which I love! Here is our favorite recipe for Easy Chicken and Beef Shish Kabob.
- 1 lb meat, Chicken and/or Beef cut into 1" cubes (we made some of each)
- 2 peppers, cut into 1" squares
- 1 onion - cut into 1" squares
- 1 package cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 package of mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 cups Greek dressing (enough to cover meat, use your judgement)
- Skewers, either metal or wooden
Marinate the meat in the dressing for a minimum of an hour. Longer times provide more flavor.
Assemble the kabobs by placing meat and vegetables on skewer. Try to balance the combination to spread the ingredients evenly. End each skewer with a tomato, mushroom, or piece of meat. They work great to hold everything in place.
Grill over medium high until the meat is cooked to the desired temperature, approximately 8 minutes. Rotate once during cooking after about 4 minutes.
TIP: If you have more meat and veggies than you do skewers, like we did, you can cook the meat right on the grill like we did the chicken above. To cook the veggies on the grill, just put a piece of aluminum foil on the grates, spray it with cooking spray or brush with oil, and place the vegetables on top, spreading them out in a single layer. That will keep the veggies from falling through the grates and prevent flare ups.