I love to make fun little treats for the kids on the holidays. Recently I made this Easter Cookie Pie for them and they loooooved it! Just whip up the cookie batter, put it in the pie pan and top it with some holiday-themed goodies (we like M&Ms!) and pretzels and then bake it.
It’s delish and really easy to make. I had all of the ingredients on hand except the Easter candy which was easy enough to grab!
This recipe is inspired by Knead To Cook’s Sweet & Salty Valentine Cookie Bars. She’s my favorite food blogger so go check out her page! You’re sure to find something to drool over.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 5oz. Peanut Butter Chips
- ½ cup of pretzel pieces, salted
- ¼ cup of M&Ms (I mixed regular and peanut butter M&Ms)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9" pie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a whisk or fork. Set aside.
- In your mixer cream the butter and sugars. Once combined well add the egg and vanilla and blend until creamy.
- Add the flour mixer and blend well.
- Stir in the chocolate and peanut butter chips by hand. If you use the mixer to do this they'll get crushed up.
- Spread the dough into the pie pan evenly and flatten the top out a bit with your spatula.
- Sprinkle the pretzel pieces and M&Ms on top of the dough and gently press them into the dough so they stay in place.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the edges are browned.