I have been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
We’ve had our eye out for a new vacuum for a little while now. Ours has been around the block a time or two and it’s been…okay, but never really wowed us with its clean-up power. So many friends have told me how much they love their Dyson vacuums but I’ll be honest, the price tag sort of scared me off. The Dyson brand was on our radar, though, because if it really WORKED and cleaned like people say it does, it would be worth it. We have two messy kids in this house, and 2 shedding cats and a dog. We need SUCTION, baby! Best Buy carries a variety of Dyson vacuums and starting on March 1 they’ll also carry this brand new model, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy. I was invited to test it out and share my results with you. Let’s be honest, it’s hard to get excited about a vacuum but this one is cause for celebration. No, for real!
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy is packaged in this box on the left and comes together looking like what you see on the right. But that’s not all. There are TONS of useful attachments and even a handy carrying bag to store and tote them in.
I unpacked every piece in the box (which is really well-packed, by the way) and laid it all out so you can see what’s included. There are really only 4 pieces that click together (yes, one click – very simple) to form the vacuum itself. Everything else is an attachment and the black bag in the upper right corner stores them all very neatly. The roller that goes along the floor clicks right into the ball, then you click in the handle, and then the wand. That’s it. The instructions are included and very easy to follow. After I had it all assembled (took me longer to unpack it than put it together!) it was time to clean!
The funny thing is, the first time we used the Dyson we had just vacuumed the day before. We had company over and cleaned up for that so I was really interested to see what the Dyson sucked out of our living room floor. Interested and scared. 😉 Let me tell you we LOVE this vacuum. We haven’t even put it away in the laundry room closet since we got it because we just. keep. vacuuming. And I don’t even like to clean! But this guy actually makes it sorta fun (amazing I know – but true!).
Here are some things to know (and love) about the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy:
- It’s not what I’d call a lightweight vacuum so if that’s important to you, get to a store and test it out before buying to see what you think. However, I have to note that the weight doesn’t make it hard to use. It’s actually much easier to maneuver than my old vacuum because it pivots on a ball so I can slip into those little spaces behind the living room chair, for example, just by steering the vacuum with my wrist. This took a little getting used to and is now really one of my favorite features.
- This vacuum SUCKS. And I mean that in a good way. The new Cinetic Science technology used in this new line of Dyson vacuums has created the first vacuum cleaner to never lose suction. And it really doesn’t. Have you seen the meme that says something like, “I will run the vacuum over the same piece of lint 1000 times before bending over to pick it up”? You totally do NOT need to do that with this vacuum. It will suck up pretty much anything you run it over. So get the kids to pick up those LEGOS! Others claim “no loss of suction” by only testing one bin full of dust. Dyson used the equivalent of 10 years’ worth, and Dyson Cinetic never lost suction. I mean, WOW. You can see all our dirt above in just the living room and that was one day after vacuuming with our old vacuum. Yuk.
- The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy doesn’t use a filter. No filter to clean!! Woohoo! Because I seriously hated that job which, let’s just be honest here, never got done often enough.
- If you’ve got pets, this vacuum is a dream. You might not realize the pet hair and dander stuck in your carpet and couches. You’ll realize it after you clean with this Dyson Animal, folks. The new Cinetic cyclones on this machine are smallest yet, so they can spin out the finest dust and dirt. They oscillate to dislodge any particles that would typically get stuck in a cyclone that small. So they’re sucking even the smallest bit of dust and dirt and not jamming the vacuum doing it. Brilliant.
- The cleaner head self-adjusts to seal in suction across carpets and hard floors. I never felt like my old vacuum did a decent job on the kitchen floor. It just didn’t suck things up as well as it did on carpet. Not the case with this Dyson. It can sense the change in carpet thickness or hard flooring and adjusts accordingly. And it gets right against the edges, like super tight so you don’t even need to get an attachment out to go along the perimeter of your rooms. I love that.
- It comes with so many useful attachments! My favorites are the spinning brush that you can use on your furniture. We definitely have some pet hair to clean up on the couches so I love that this is almost like the floor unit but smaller and handheld. We have a vaulted ceiling and the high corners are impossible to reach unless you get very tall ladder in there (who does that to vacuum?) but we can do it now with the Dyson! It comes with long extension wands plus the accordian cord really streeeetches out. Every nook and cranny with this thing. And speaking of stretching, the cord is 35 feet long so you don’t have to change outlets often. Another feature I love!
- They thought of everthing guys. There’s even a hooked brush attachment that allows you to easily clean the tops of your bookshelves, ceiling fans, all those surfaces that are too high to reach. I LOVE this! We keep finding new uses for the attachments, too. I totally dread cleaning my blinds but there’s an attachment that makes that a snap, too!
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy retails for $699. It’s not pocket change, I definitely recognize that. But honestly, after using it for a couple of weeks I think it’s worth the price. You can truly FEEL a difference in your house after you vacuum with it. It looks cleaner, you’ll even see those lovely vacuum marks in the carpet that we no longer got with our old vacuum. It actually feels cleaner, too. The air feels cleaner. I don’t know if that’s all in my head but every member of my family has said the same thing. If you have pets or allergies – or both – this vacuum will seriously make a difference in your home. Plus there’s virtually no maintenance because it’s filter-free. Huge bonus right there.
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy will be available at Best Buy starting on March 1st. I highly encourage you to check it out if you’re in the market for a new vacuum, or just need one that works much better than what you might already have. I get it now. I understand all the I-love-my-Dyson people out there. I am one of you now, too!