My Mom is the one that introduced me to this delicious Zucchini Quiche Recipe. (Have you noticed a theme on my site? She gives me all the best recipes!) It comes in especially handy in the summertime when your garden is bursting with zucchini, but I love it any time of the year.
It’s easy, tasty, and even if you’re not a big fan of quiche (I’m admittedly not), this recipe is a winner. It only has 2 eggs in it so it’s not overly ‘eggy’ and loaded with veggie flavor.
First, saute the veggies with herbs until tender.
Mix the shredded mozzarella with the eggs.
This is just a package of refrigerated crescent rolls pressed together to form the crust. You don’t have to worry about pushing it all the way to the top of the edges of the pan. Just about an inch in width is plenty. I used a BBQ brush to spread the mustard over the crust.
Mix up the veggies and cheese mixtures and pour it into the crush. Then bake it. Really easy, right?
It’s delicious! You’ll want to let the dish set up for about 5-10 minutes after baking so it holds its form. I actually really like this dish (maybe even better!) leftover. It’s perfect for lunch during the week.
Delicious Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- 4 cups thinly sliced unpeeled zucchini (4-5 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8oz. refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook zucchini and onion in butter over medium until tender. Stir in seasonings.
- In a large bowl, add cheese to the beaten eggs. Stir into the veggie mixture.
- Use a 9x13 glass pan and press the crescent roll dough together to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. to form the crust.
- Brush the mustard over the dough. Pour the veggie mixture onto the crust.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to stand a set for about 5-10 minutes before eating.
Chances are you have most of these ingredients on hand. You might need to run out for zucchini (unless it’s garden season for you!), cheese, and the crescent rolls.
Pin the image below so you remember to come back and give this recipe a whirl!