When the CVS 101 post was first added to Pandora’s Deals, there was no CVS coupon policy to refer to online. Finally, they’ve published one! You can find it here. It would be a good idea to print this out and add it to your coupon binder. There are the highlights:
- Competitor coupons are not accepted at CVS.
- CVS does not currently accept bar code images displayed on a smartphone.
- The total value of the coupons may not exceed the total value of the transaction.
- CVS will not accept a percent off coupons for sale and promotional items.
- CVS will accept the coupon up to the price of the item. (The coupon will be adjusted down so there is no overage.)
- You can use one manufacturer coupon AND one CVS/pharmacy coupon per item, unless prohibited by either coupon.
- CVS will accept multiple coupons for multiple items as long as there is sufficient stock for other customers. They reserve the right to limit the amounts purchased.
- CVS accepts Internet coupons as long as they have a bar code.
- Customers can use two coupons with BOGO sales.
- Customers can use BOGO coupons with BOGO sales and get both items for free. Must pay applicable tax.
There are a couple of things not covered by this policy
(can you use a BOGO coupon with a BOGO sale, for example), but it’s a good start. I’m sure they’ll add to it and I hope they change direction on the ‘no smartphone coupons’ policy. That would be more 2011 and more eco-friendly. I’ll keep you posted when/if the policy is updated again!
The policy was updated in early 2012 and now addresses BOGO sales and coupons. You can find the policy here!