This post is in partnership with GIANT Food Stores. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I’m a coffee lovah, as I know many of you are, and in addition to my morning cup, I also find myself looking for an afternoon pick-me-up. Instead of running to the coffee shop for a $5 drink, I’ve been making them at home, saving time and money and guess what? They’re just as good!
If you’re a specialty coffee drinker (think cappuccino, latte, and espresso), you will love the convenience of GIANT Espresso Capsules! They are the first US grocery store chain to carry their Own Brand of Nespresso-compatible espresso capsules.
GIANT Espresso Capsules
Introducing my afternoon latte. This is SO easy to make and a total treat. Brew one of the espresso capsules (or two because caffeinate me, amiright?) and add some frothed milk to the top, a sprinkle of cinnamon and boom. Beautiful! (Grab a milk frother if you don’t have one. This is the one I have and it makes all the difference in making these drinks at home. So easy to use!)
The GIANT Espresso Capsules come in 4 varieties, and all are made with 100% Arabica coffee and are rainforest alliance certified.
- Allegrio is a lightly roasted espresso with sweet, wispy, fruity notes, and a touch of acidity.
- Fortissimo is a mysteriously dark roasted espresso with a rich, creamy body and intense flavor with hints of cocoa and intrigue.
- Grandioso is a deeply rich espresso with a robust, full bodied flavor and a pleasant bold, earthy aroma.
- Leggiero Decaffeinato is a mysterious dark roasted espresso with a creamy body and intense flavor with hints of cocoa and intrigue, without all the caffeine.
The Fortissimo has been my favorite so far. My next job is to perfect the cold coffee drinks before summer, too. Speaking of cold… Check out my recipe below which can double as both a dessert and that afternoon jolt!
Cookies and Cream Affogato Recipe
Doesn’t this look so fancy? You can’t believe how easy it is to make. Affogato is an Italian dessert that literally translated means ‘drowned’ because you drown your ice cream with a hot shot of espresso. The ice cream and coffee combo is soooo good, and you can get creative with flavor combos and toppings.
Cookies and cream is delicious with coffee, so I added some crushed sandwich cookies to the top and made the yummiest dessert. Is it wrong that this was my lunch today? Not at all.
Here’s the recipe for Cookies and Cream Affogato:
- 2 scoops of cookies and cream ice cream
- ¼ cup of GIANT espresso (I used Fortissimo)
- Whipped topping
- 1-2 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- Scoop your ice cream into a mug or class.
- Pour the hot espresso over the top.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle crushed cookies on top.
- Eat with a spoon and drink the rest!
Mmm, delicious! It’s such a treat to make this right in my own kitchen! You definitely want to check out the new GIANT Espresso Capsules in your local store and treat yoself! Stay up to speed with all the latest delicious offerings at GIANT by following GIANT Food Stores’ Facebook and Twitter pages!
The generous folks at GIANT Food Stores are offering my readers a chance to win a Nespresso machine and GIANT Espresso pods sample! This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ and will end at 11:59pm ET on May 26, 2017.