After a busy morning out hunting down our Christmas tree we came home to decorate it and I quickly whipped up a batch of Christmas Trail Mix to munch on while we were hard at work. It’s so festive looking, making it great for a party or a snack to keep on hand over the holidays. Customize it with your favorite ingredients!
- Dried cranberries
- Sesame Sticks (I used a honey roasted variety.)
- Sunflower seeds
- Honey Roasted Almonds
- M&Ms, Christmas colors (I used a generic candy - yummy and cheaper!)
Mix equal parts of all ingredients in a large bowl. I used 1 cup of each ingredient and got a pretty big batch. Adjust the measurements based on what you like most!
My basic trail-mix recipe template includes nuts, seeds, dried fruit, something crunchy, and something sweet. Mix it up with some of these suggestions.
- Nuts: Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios
- Seeds: Pumpkin or sunflower
- Dried Fruit: Cranberries, raisins, pineapple, apples, papaya
- Crunchy: Pretzels, Chex Mix, other cereals, Goldfish crackers
- Sweet: M&Ms, candy corn, chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, Reese’s pieces
Do you have any other ideas to add to the list? Leave me a comment so everyone can see it.
You can get as creative as you’d like but I think with that basic formula you’ll end up with a winner. Check the bulk food section of your local grocery store. That’s where I find some great ideas!