As a member of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad food blogger club, I received product in exchange for this post. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Peanut Butter & Co. is my absolute favorite peanut butter, so you can imagine my excitement when I got the news that they had a new product on the market, a chocolate hazelnut spread called Chocmeister. Hello. Come to mama. (Use code Chocolatey to save $1 off any jar through July 31, 2016!)
Besides eating it off a spoon (personal fave) it’s amazing on fruit, toast, ice cream, and anything else you can think of. We LOVE it. As a Yum Squad member it’s my job to get creative and come up with a recipe for you, and there’s really nothing better than when you can make something that is truly a dessert, and call it breakfast. Because dessert for breakfast is right up my alley.
These Chocolate Puff Pastry Pinwheels are a total breeze to make with very few ingredients, and they are pretty much a pop-in-your-mouth size chocolate croissant. They lasted less than a day in this house.
Roll out a sheet of defrosted (but still cold) puff pastry dough to about a 12″ square. Spread Chocomeister right up to the edges. I added a bit more after this photo was taken. More = merrier. Then cut this sheet in half right down the middle (a pizza cutter is perfect for this job). Cut each half into strips no more than 1″ wide and roll them up from the middle to the edges.
These are my little pinwheel rolls. Brush them with egg wash, sprinkle with sanding sugar, and pop them in the oven. About 20 minutes later you’ll have this delightful treat:
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy them while they last!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry dough, defrosted (Leave in fridge to defrost, not on counter. Dough should be cold but not frozen when you make these.)
- Chocomeister Spread
- 1 egg,
- 2 teaspoons water
- Sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry dough on a flat surface to about 12 inches square.
- Spread Chocomeister all over the puff pastry sheet, up to about a half inch from the edges (just eyeball it).
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the sheet in half in one direction. Then cut in the other direction in small strips, about an inch or less wide.
- Starting at the center of each strip, roll them all the way up and place them on a baking sheet. Use a silicone mat or parchment paper if you have it.
- Beat the egg and water together to make an egg wash, and lightly brush each pinwheel with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. If your pinwheels are tiny (thin strips) you may have a shorter cooking time. Keep an eye on them!
Check out the Peanut Butter & Co. website for more great products, and don’t forget to use code Chocolatey to save $1 off any jar of Chocmeister through July 31, 2016! Be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to find some awesome promotions and new recipes they share! Oh, and you can by Peanut Butter & Co. products on Amazon and have them shipped right to your house.
Peanut Butter & Co. is generously offering one of my readers a jar of Chocmeister! YUM! You can make this recipe too (and come up with some of your own!)! This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only and will end on June 23, 2016 at 11:59pm ET.