I have been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
We listen to music all day long in my house, and when we go outside, the music comes with us. There’s nothing more summery than some tunes while you’re roasting marshmallows over a fire pit.
If you love your music like we do, especially on the go, these speakers can take your listening to a whole ‘nother level. Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST and BLAST portable speakers are available at Best Buy. Read on for the key features that make them awesome, and the difference between the two models.
Key Features of the Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST and BLAST Portable Speakers
There are a lot of portable speakers out there and it can be hard to figure out which one is going to be best for you. Here are the new updates that make the Ultimate Ears speakers stand out:
- Enhanced controls on the Ultimate Ears app: You can now control volume remotely from the app, which is especially useful if you have your music cranked up loud and want to use Alexa. You can also check battery status in two ways – either through the app, or right from the speaker by pressing the “+/-” volume buttons simultaneously. Starting in May, you can personalize your sound for any artist or music genre with the custom equalizer (EQ).
- Voice control on Spotify and more (coming soon): Just ask “Alexa, play my Discover Weekly” or any music from Spotify on MEGABLAST and BLAST. Spotify will soon join other Amazon Alexa supported music services such as Amazon Music, Deezer and TuneIn globally; and Pandora, iHeartRadio and SiriusXM in the U.S. — use your voice to control music from these streaming services over Wi-Fi. On Bluetooth, you can enjoy music from any of your favorite music services.
- New grouping experience for smart speakers (coming soon): You can group up to eight MEGABLAST and BLAST speakers on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Stereo mode is supported when you connect two MEGABLAST or BLAST speakers. Optimized to take advantage of the speakers’ built-in Wi-Fi capability, you will experience greater range for grouped speakers and improved connection reliability. Grouping is expected to be available later this year.
I love that using the app and pairing with Alexa (we have one, do you?!) makes these speakers so easy to use. They’re like having a stereo on demand!
BLAST vs. MEGABLAST: What’s the Difference?
There are two different Ultimate Ears speakers, the BLAST and the MEGABLAST. What are the main differences?
- Blasting 360° intensely rich sound with stunning clarity and deep, heart-pounding bass, brings music to life.
- Water-resistant and dust proof design, IP67 rated speaker can be immersed in liquid up to 1m for up to 30 minutes.
- Multiple microphones with beam forming technology and noise cancellation enable a smooth far field voice recognition and control experience.
- Ultimate Ears most powerful speaker with stunning clarity and deep, heart-pounding bass, brings music to life.
- Hands-free Amazon Alexa built-in; ask Alexa to blast tunes, discover new music, crank the volume, find new restaurants.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capable; Wi-Fi connection range for the speaker is 330′. Bluetooth range is 150ft.
- Rechargeable battery; Enjoy up to 16 hours with a large built-in battery. Play and charge the speaker simultaneously using the optional cradle or included wall charger.
They’re both pretty awesome in terms of sound and features. If you have an Amazon Echo, I would probably go with the MegaBlast to take advantage of those features!