Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! I found a quick and easy (seriously, this feels like a total cheat!) way to make some sweets for your sweeties without wrecking the kitchen and dirtying every bowl in the house. These Easiest Ever Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies use a whopping 2 ingredients.
The really cool thing about this idea is that you can apply it to any holiday. They make M&Ms for every occasion now. So whip these up with the kids and enjoy!
Easiest Ever Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large log of refrigerated cookie dough (I used Nestle “Big Batch” size.)
- 1 bag of Valentine’s Day color M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an edged baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone baking mat, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open the log of cookie dough and slice the whole thing into about 1/2 inch slices. Arrange them next to each other on the baking pan.
- Use your fingers to flatten out the dough and push it together so you’ve filled the baking sheet with one solid layer of cookie dough.
- Randomly sprinkle the M&Ms on top of the dough. Use as much as you want. We used just about the entire bag! Gently press them into the dough so they stay in place.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are brown. The middle might still be a little soft but as long as it’s not total mush it will firm up. When the edges start to brown it should be done. Mine cooked for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Stick the whole tray in the refrigerator for just a few minutes once it’s cool to really solidify the cookie.
- Use Valentine’s Day cookie cutters to cut out cookies from your tray. Try to arrange your cuts so they’re close together so you can get as many cookies as possible. The little pieces that are left are calorie free, so go ahead and eat them.
Happy Valentine’s Day!