Summertime = grilling time. We grill out as much as possible because it’s tastiest and easiest – no pots and pans! You can find some of my favorite grilling recipes here, including among them is this one for Easy Grilled Corn on the Cob.
Sometimes we end up with an extra ear or two (because it’s so cheap in the summertime that I overbuy!) and I used a couple of leftover ears to make this delicious Easy Grilled Corn Salsa recipe. DELICIOUS!
The first thing to love is how easy this is to make. Really fresh, simple ingredients and it goes together fast. It’s also awesome because it’s versatile. We ate a lot of it with tortilla chips but it was also great over salmon or grilled chicken. And it might go without saying that it tastes fantastic! This is my new go-to for a yummy appetizer. Next time you’re grilling out, throw a couple of extra ears of corn on the BBQ and try it!
(Pssst…you could easily make this with canned corn instead but the flavor of grilled corn adds an extra level of YUM!)
- 2 ears of grilled corn on the cob, cut off the cob
- 1 small or Roma tomato, diced
- 1 15oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 slices of red onion, diced
- ¼ fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅓ cup Italian dressing
- Combine all ingredients adding dressing last and gently stir. Serve with tortilla chips or over fish or chicken. Keep refrigerated.