Wow! Love this sale today on 1SaleADay! They’ve got the Planet Earth 4-disc complete collection on Blu-Ray for just $19.99! Pay $4.99 shipped and get it delivered to your door for just $24.98. See how that compares to the price on Amazon. It’s a great deal and if you don’t have this collection I HIGHLY recommend it. We have it and the kids love it and so do we. It’s an amazing series.
Model: PLANET EARTH BR
- Includes the following episodes:
- Pole to Pole: This episode looks at our planet as a whole and considers the key factors that have shaped its natural history. Without freshwater there is no life on land, while the sun dominates the lives of all animals and plants on Earth and defines their habitats.
- Mountains: This program explains the geological and volcanic forces that shaped the land and its mountain chains. Humans like to think that once they’ve climbed a peak, they have somehow conquered it. But they can only ever be visitors to this hostile world.
- Fresh Water: Just three percent of the Planet’s water is fresh water and it is our most precious resource. Where it flows or falls it controls the distribution of all terrestrial life. This episode follows the descent of rivers from their mountain sources to the sea, and showcases the unique and dramatic wildlife found within its unexplored waters.
- Caves: Caves are one of the only habitats not directly driven by sunlight, but this doesn’t mean there is no wildlife. This episode probes the mysterious, perpetual darkness and reveals the unknown underground world of caves, caverns and tunnels.
- Deserts: When astronauts peer down on Planet Earth, the one environment they all notice are the deserts, which make up a staggering 30 per cent of the land’s surface. From space they look empty and lifeless. A closer look reveals a very different picture…
- Ice Worlds: A journey to the polar extremes of our planet, where for most of the year the Arctic and Antarctic are locked in ice. As the sun abandons one pole and journeys to the other, these frozen worlds undergo the most extreme seasonal transformation on the planet…
- Great Plains: The vast open wildernesses of African savannah, Asian steppe, Arctic tundra and North American prairie are the great plains of the planet. Together they cover more than a quarter of the land on Earth and one living thing is at their heart – grass.
- Jungles: Beautiful floating aerial shots introduce the world’s most spectacular forest vistas and high-definition cameras enable unprecedented views of the species that live on the dark jungle floor.
- Shallow Seas: The newly discovered coral reefs in tropical Indonesia reveal that they are one of the richest in the world. They are home to fantasy-like creatures – such as the head-butting pygmy seahorse, the flashing ‘electric’ clam and bands of 30-strong sea snakes…
- Seasonal Forests: From the evergreen forests of the frozen North to the deciduous dry forests of the Equator, Seasonal Forests reveals the greatest woodlands on earth.
- Ocean Deep: Oceans cover two-thirds of the planet, yet largely remain unexplored. For animals that dwell on the surface or within the deepest abyss, it’s finding food and conserving energy that is paramount. Planet Earth travels the world to reveal the extraordinary lengths life takes in its bid to survive this immense and barren realm.
- Format: Blu-ray
- Run time: About 13 1/2 hours
- Number of Discs: 4
- Closed Captions / Subtitles: English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired, French , Spanish
- Video Format: High Definition 1080i
- Intended for use on Blu-ray Players only