We just made these and they were yummy and so easy to make since you start with a boxed cake mix, no flour and sugar to measure. Love that! Sometimes you just need a sweet fix and fast.
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1-2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a whisk or a fork to stir together the cake mix and the baking powder.
- Add the eggs, oil, and applesauce and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, using at least one cup or as much as 2 cups.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets keeping cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow to sit on the trays for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
We used a white cake mix and chocolate chips, but I'm already thinking up new combinations. How about red velvet cake mix and white chocolate chips? Chocolate cake mix and peanut butter chips?