I received a Nespresso brewer and capsules to facilitate this post. The opinions in this post are 100% mine. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I am totally 100% addicted to my Keurig. I love it like it’s my own child, people. Isn’t it funny, though, that any time I treat myself to beverage at Starbucks or any other coffee shop, I get a latte? I never order a regular coffee out. So I am THRILLED that I can now make my own lattes at home that are delicious and cost a fraction of what I’d pay at a coffee shop! Meet the Nespresso Inissia, this little red cutie. It does come in black and white, too, but I love the red myself. It’s about $99 on Amazon at the moment and a must-have for any true coffee lover. You can use the Nespresso to make espresso (of course!) and then I take that and make myself a latte with it. Delish. I’ve got a new addiction!
In addition to the lattes (I love you lattes!) some of my favorite features of the Nepresso Inissia are its size, ease of use, and price point. It’s very slim and compact so it doesn’t take up a lot of counter space. Counter space is hard to come by in my house so this is a big time bonus. It’s super simple to use. The press of a button turns it on, pop your capsule in and close the lid, hit go, and viola. Espresso! Here’s a little demo:
See? Very easy to use. The machine itself is not super pricey, and what I really like is that the capsules are affordable. So if you bought this as a gift for someone (or yourself!) you could keep using it without breaking the bank. Cross Country Cafe, my go-to for all my k-cups, is also my go-to to fuel my new latte habit. They carry these Hiline Nespresso-compatible capsules in a variety of strengths and flavors priced as low as $4.49 for a 10-pack. It is so fun to try all the different little pods! And they’re cute and small – another space saving win!
Ah, there’s my afternoon latte right there. I don’t know what coffee shops put in their lattes, but this one is super simple and I know it’s low calorie so it’s basically a guilt-free treat. And soooo much cheaper to make at home. YES!
I absolutely LOVE the Nespresso Inissia as a gift idea for the holidays. You can grab the machine on Amazon, and the shop at Cross Country Cafe for a great selection of Hiline capsules! Now, let me get you that recipe! 😉
- ½ cup milk (I used 1% organic)
- 1 Nespresso espresso (I used Hiline Liberty Dark Roast)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Brew your espresso in the Nespresso machine. I made mine Lungo, the larger size, but the smaller size would work fine too. You might want to adjust the amount of milk you use.
- While that's brewing pour your milk into a mug and microwave it for about 30-45 seconds just to warm it up. Your latte will cool off too fast if you use cold milk.
- Add the vanilla and the sugar to the milk. Use a whisk or a milk frother, submerge it into the milk and whisk until frothy.
- Pour your espresso into the milk. Garnish with a little cinnamon if you want to get fancy. YUM!
**I’m adding a little update here because yesterday afternoon I made ANOTHER latte (yes, addicted) and this time I used the same recipe for the milk and espresso, but swapped out 1 teaspoon of brown sugar for the vanilla and sugar. I let it dissolve in the espresso before adding it to the foamed milk. Try this one! WOW!*