Didn’t you love The Muppets when you were a kid? I did and I can remember seeing The Muppets Take Manhattan in 1984, one of the first movies I saw in a theater. (I didn’t just date myself, did I?) I’m so excited that there’s a NEW Muppets movie coming out next year and my kids will get the chance to fall in love with these sweet characters, too! The Muppets…Again! hits theaters on March 21, 2014.
It looks like a great family film:
Disney’s “The Muppets …Again!” takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters in some of Europe’s most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine—the World’s Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit—and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais. The film stars Tina Fey as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Ty Burrell as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.
Disney’s “The Muppets … Again!” is directed by James Bobin and produced by David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Bobin co-wrote the screenplay with Nicholas Stoller, who is also executive producer with John Scotti. Featuring music from Academy Award®-winning songwriter Bret McKenzie, “The Muppets … Again!” hits the big screen March 21, 2014.
Starring Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey, Disney’s “The Muppets … Again!” takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour where they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper.
- Director James Bobin returns to Muppets mania. For his work as Disney’s “The Muppets” director, Bobin was nominated for BAFTA (Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer). He co-created HBO’s “Flight of the Conchords,” which he wrote, directed and exec produced.
- Bret McKenzie, who won an Oscar® for best original song for “Man or Muppet,” returns to the Muppets stage as music supervisor. McKenzie created, co-wrote, executive produced and starred in the hit HBO television series “Flight of the Conchords,”
- Ricky Gervais is the creator of “Derek” and the Golden Globe®- and Emmy®-winning series “The Office” and “Extras.”
- Ty Burrell is an Emmy® Award winner for his role in TV’s “Modern Family.”
- Tina Fey is a Golden Globe®-, Emmy®- and SAG Award®-winning actress and writer Tina Fey (“30 Rock,” “Mean Girls,” “Date Night”).
Stay up to date with all the latest movie and all-things-Muppet news by following along with The Muppets’ Facebook page and their Twitter page. And for some serious fun follow Miss Piggy on Twitter. That girl is a hoot!
Retweet and tell your friends!
— Lindsay (@PandorasDeals) February 6, 2013