I love mini muffins. If they’re small you can have two, right? Or even three. Fall is just around the corner so it’s time for all things pumpkin to come out to play. This weekend I made a batch of these amazingly delicious Mini Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Chips. My family loved them so much I had to whip up a second batch before I put the mixer away. They weren’t going to last long at the rate everyone was chowing down. These are the perfect treat. Great for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. And they’re pretty healthy too. I used applesauce and Greek yogurt instead of butter or oil and they’re super moist without the added fat. Oh alright. I think that means you can have four. 😉
- 2 cups of flour (I used White Whole Wheat King Arthur)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, firmly packed (I used dark brown)
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 6oz. container of Greek vanilla yogurt (I used Chobani vanilla)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of cinnamon chips (I used Hershey chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line mini muffin pans with liners, or spray with cooking spray. I used the spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger) in a bowl and stir with a fork or whisk to mix. Set aside.
- To your mixing bowl add the brown sugar, white sugar, applesauce, pumpkin, yogurt, and eggs. Turn your mixer on low and beat until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and turn the mixer back on. Mix until just combined. Stir in the cinnamon chips by hand.
- Add batter to muffin pans by the spoonful, filling them about ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked. Mine were perfect after 11 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then run a knife around the outside of each muffin to pry it out of the pan. Cool on a rack until completely cool, another 10 minutes or so. Store in an airtight container.
If you don't use muffin liners, lightly spray your pans with cooking spray in between each batch to make sure the muffins don't stick.
Feel free to try another flavor of yogurt. Maybe you'll come up with an interesting combination!
If you can't find cinnamon chips in your store chocolate would be a great substitute.
Go Here Next: