Easter is just around the corner! Are you planning what to serve or bring to the big dinner, as well as how to decorate and add the extra touches that make holidays memorable? Colleen of Souffle Bombay and Heather of Real: The Kitchen and Beyond gathered 26 bloggers including me here at Pandora’s Deals, to share some of their Easter Entertaining Ideas with you! From Jelly Bean Trees to a Giant Deviled Egg, we’ve got you covered!
To make this even more memorable we have some amazing giveaways as well from John Boos (crafter of incredible cutting boards, butcher blocks and more) , The Spice House (THE online source for incredible spices), Wilton Armetale (maker of both beautiful & functional serving ware), Divine Chocolates (a fair trade, farmer-owned chocolate company) & The Tree Hut (natural body products that do what they say) for a couple of lucky readers! Keep reading to get to that part!
Follow along via #AllThingsEaster on social media this week and visit our Pinterest Board “All Things Easter” for more ideas. Now if only we had a magic formula to make all those dishes disappear…. 😉
I’ve got a delicious (seriously, this was sooooo amazingly good!) dessert recipe for you that’s perfect for any springtime occasion, especially Easter. This Individual Lemon Meringue Recipe is just the right combination of tart and tasty. The whole family loved it. I’d suggest reading all the way through the recipe before diving in, and if you use 7oz. ramekins you’ll get 4 servings. 4 oz. ramekins will get you 6 servings.
- For the crust: 1¼ cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- For the lemon filling: ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best!)
- 3 Tablespoons of lemon zest (or to taste, 3T is pretty tart if you like it that way!)
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 3 egg yolks (separate 3 eggs and save the whites for the meringue)
- For the meringue: 4 egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup of sugar
- For the crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl with a fork until well mixed. Spoon equal amounts into the bottom of 6 4oz. ramekins (or 4 7oz. ramekins) and pat down flat with the back of the spoon. Set aside.
- For the lemon filling: In a saucepan, stir together the ¾ of sugar, cornstarch, and flour. Use a fork to blend together really well.
- Slowly add 1 cup of water and lemon juice and zest. Whisk together until well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once it boils and the mixture has thickened, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the butter.
- Add a small amount of the lemon mixture to the bowl you have your egg yolks in and stir to temper the eggs. You don't want to pour the eggs into the hot lemon mixture before doing this or they could scramble on you!
- Then add the egg yolks to the lemon mixture, stirring constantly until well combined.
- When it is smooth and thick, pour evenly among the 6 ramekins over the graham cracker crust.
- For the meringue: Use the 3 eggs whites from the eggs you separated to make the lemon filling above, and separate one more egg. You need a total of 4 egg whites. Just discard that extra yolk.
- Beat the egg whites until they begin to get fluffy and white. Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat.
- Slowly add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Top the lemon filling with the meringue and bake in the oven until meringue browns, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Check out the other #AllThingsEaster ideas!
Ideas for Leftover Easter Eggs
Easter Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Easter Dinner Recipe Ideas
Easter Dessert Recipe Ideas
Easter Cocktail Recipe Ideas
Easter Decorating Ideas
Easter Gift Ideas
Frugal Easter Basket Ideas & Menu
And now for an awesome giveaway!
We would like to give a huge thank you to the companies that made this give away possible. Thank you to John Boos for the beautiful maple cutting board, The Spice House for their spice and baking gift sets, Divine Chocolate for their luxuriously rich Fair Trade Chocolate gift basket, Wilton Armetale for the elegant egg plate, and Tree Hut for the body scrub and lotion.
One of you will win this a-mazing Signature Spice Box Set from the Spice House (wait till you try the Vulcan’s Fire Salt!) as well as this incredibly gorgeous John Boos Maple Cutting Board with handles…it has handles! Swoon!
And one of you will win a delicious Bakers Spice Box from The Spice House (the Chicago Sugar will change your life!), this gorgeous set of decadent chocolates from Divine Chocolate (chocolates!!) this beautiful Flutes & Pearls Egg Tray from Wilton Armetale (they have such pretty pieces) and an awesome Tree Hut Duo of Shea Sugar Scrub and Body Lotion – (time to pamper yourself)!
This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ and will end at 11:59pm ET on April 24, 2014. Additional terms and conditions found in the Rafflecopter widget below.
You Might Also Like